Technical Marketing Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
As a Technical Marketing Engineer focused on AFF and FAS controllers, you work cross-functionally to create technical content for NetApp products and solutions that are targeted to Customers, Field Tech Teams and Partners. The engineer will work closely with Product Management as well as Engineering on the company's current and future strategies related to their specific area of technical expertise. You may also work closely with third-party vendor organizations as required to achieve corporate goals in regards to product integration and best practices.
-Strong knowledge of storage platforms and storage solutions.
- You will be responsible for developing technical collateral for storage hardware and software technologies to highlight best practices.
- Influence the strategic direction of activities with your Team, Project Stakeholders, Product Management, Partners, Sr Directors and VPs. This role occasionally interfaces with Technical Directors, other Business Units and industry contacts and thus you will need to build productive relationships and networks.
- Create and present technical presentations to customers and partners, and gather feedback to influence product and solution offerings.
- You will collaborate on strategy with product management to create and review Market and Product Requirement documents (MRD & PRD) This includes participating in cross functional teams to develop product and solution roadmaps.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a business unit team and have strong influencing skills.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and may require collaboration across multiple technical teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
- The tasks you will be responsible for are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided. This individual will operate and drive both tactical and strategic results and set priorities with management assistance.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required
- A Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical white papers as well as project planning, is preferred
- Public speaking skills are preferred
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.