Technical Operations Manager - Cable Industry 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title Technical Operations Manager - Cable Industry - NE #3362
Location York Nebraska Area
Supervise service and maintenance technicians to ensure the customer expectations, technical quality standards, and company safety policy requirements are met. Responsible for training, developing and evaluating the assigned technicians to maximize the customer experience and operational productivity. A large portion of the time will be spent working in the field with the technicians in a hands-on teaching approach. Plan on 60-70% field work; 30-40% admin/office work
High school diploma or its equivalent, valid state driver's license, along with an excellent driving record and a minimum of 10years of industry experience. Prior management or supervisory experience is preferred. Must have understanding of and ability to use the following equipment:
Signal level meter Volt-ohm meter
Cable locator Egress monitoring devices
AC clamp meter Television test set
Spectrum analyzer Basic time domain reflectometer
System maps Sweep gear
1. Supervise daily activity of Service and Maintenance Technicians.
2. Ensure responsiveness and first time resolution to installation and trouble call work orders
3. Ensure compliance with company quality and safety standards
4. Perform practical evaluations to verify technical competencies
5. Perform restoration of signal outages in the feeder/distribution and trunk systems and serve on-call.
6. Ensure staff has and maintains necessary, company-issued tools and equipment
7. Coordinate preventative maintenance work as required or assigned.
8. Responsible for the overall performance of cable plant and equipment.
9. Perform the duties of Service and Maintenance Technicians.
10. Manage inventory and submit requisitions to ensure adequate supply of materials.
11. Inform Director of Tech Ops as necessary.
12. Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
13. Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR ITS EQUIVALENT.
2. 10+ YEARS OF CABLE INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE.
3. PRIOR MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED. MUST HAVE UNDERSTANDING OF AND ABILITY TO USE THE FOLLOWING EQUIPMENT:
SIGNAL LEVEL METER
EGRESS MONITORING DEVICES
AC CLAMP METER
TELEVISION TEST SET
BASIC TIME DOMAIN REFLECTOMETER
4. CURRENTLY IN THE GENERAL AREA OR ABLE TO MAKE A SHORT EASY MOVE.
5. Salary requirement