Technical Operations Manager 8/9/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONECHNICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER - SAN FRANCISCO, CA
WIDEORBIT is the leading provider of advertising management technology for cable networks, local television stations and radio stations. More than 3,200 broadcasters and networks leverage WideOrbit solutions to streamline operations, maximize revenue from traditional, digital and programmatic channels, and extend their business across distribution platforms. Our clients include Entercom Communications, Entravision Communications Corporation, Gray Television, Inc., Meredith Corporation, NBCUniversal, The E.W. Scripps Co. and Tribune Media. WideOrbit is headquartered in San Francisco with offices across the United States as well as in London, Paris and Gothenburg, Sweden.
WideOrbit is looking for a Technical Operations Manager to lead our team of IT operations engineers supporting our managed services, cloud and emerging SaaS offerings. As a Technical Operations Manager, you will build a culture that drives hard to meet or exceed SLAs and is fanatical about customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will have experience leading incident management and service desk functions in a public cloud, SaaS or e-commerce setting.
HERE IS WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
* Manage a technical team of 5-10 IT engineers providing application and infrastructure support and maintenance.
* Ensure ticket queues are effectively managed. Measure, track and report performance against customer SLAs and internal goals. Manage escalations when SLAs aren't met.
* Ensure appropriate support coverage--both in terms of staffing and skill mix--over the short and long term. Ensure that case workload is appropriately distributed.
* Serve as incident manager for the most critical issues, while developing incident management discipline within the team to provide coverage for less critical issues
* Lead post-incident reviews and drive root cause analysis across teams
* Operationalize new technologies and applications in conjunction with our IT engineering and development teams
* Continuously improve our process for detecting and responding to incidents and requests
* Partner with our product support organization to ensure reliable and effective interfacing between organizations
* Drive standardization of process, tools and knowledge management
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL NOT BE DOING:
* Running a call center
* Filling out lots of ITIL-induced paperwork
* Answering internal helpdesk tickets
HERE IS WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* 4+ years work experience in a helpdesk, service desk or software technical support role, with 2+ years in a management capacity
* 2+ years work experience in public cloud, SaaS or e-commerce industry
* Prior experience leading incident management conference calls and the ability to effectively manage crisis situations while inspiring confidence
* Ability to recognize incident patterns and implement system-wide fixes
* Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities with strong negotiating and objection handling skills
* Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships across a wide variety of internal and external roles.
* Prior experience setting team policies, procedures and quantitative goals
* Experience using quantitative methods for managing case workload across multiple resources
* Experience with a variety of IT infrastructure including windows and linux servers, databases and IP networks.
* An understanding of software development and support process
This position will be based in the San Francisco office.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, complimentary snacks and coffee in the caf, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
WideOrbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires are made without regard to any individual's race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, religion, marital status or domestic partnership; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; other medical conditions or genetic characteristic; sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or transgender status; or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law, regulation or ordinance. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.