Technical Outside Sales Representative (TOSR)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 9/19/2017
MRC Global Inc.
Corpus Christi, TX
TECHNICAL OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (TOSR)
About the Organization
MRC Global is the largest global distributor, based on sales, of pipe, valves, and fittings (PVF) and related products and services to the energy industry and supplies these products and services across each of the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
Corpus Christi TX
Provide a direct contact for external customers in the selling of Valves, Automation, and Controls products and services and all follow-up activities needed to ensure good, future customer relations; other responsibilities will include the handling of specific, key customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Analyze assigned territory for new customers and markets, and established customers and market trends;
* Perform functions of sales representatives regarding the maintenance of customer files, entering of sales orders, expediting duties, and working up price bids;
* Demonstrate product specifications to customer at the on-site location;
* Establish excellent rapport with customers in assigned territory to gain customer confidence and relationships with MRC Global, our products, and job quote;.
* Conduct sales forecasts, seminars, demonstration of product specifications, and other requests for inside sales representatives and customers, as needed;
* Research and develop information on new construction projects;
* Work with Regional and local management regarding customer account information, delivery times, and customer feedback on products and services;
* Inform other MRC Global locations of actions which may incur changes to that branch s operating procedures;
* Handle customer concerns, complaints, and corrective actions concerning MRC Global products, services, and personnel;
* Negotiate with vendors for best product prices;
* Assist in the training of new Outside Sale Representative personnel;
* Handle confidential information relating to product and resale cost and expense items;
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
* Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and
* abilities necessary to perform the work;
* Valid Driver s License with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy;
* Regional travel as required;
* Knowledge of Automation and Control material;
* Ability to work in conjunction with Sales and Marketing groups in the specification of MRC Global Controls equipment per customer requirements;
* Ability to learn new procedures and functions as needed, strong reasoning skills, reading skills, excellent business skills, excellent math skills, excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills;
* Typing and Computer Skills including PC software, MRC Global specific software and knowledge of operating standard office machines;
* Strong time management, organization and the ability to multitask;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Dependable and prompt with a strong sense of urgency;
* Ability, confidence and integrity to take risks and work independently;
* Flexibility to provide 24-hour support to customers.
* Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
* Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others; to understand and interpret safety instructions; and to respond to inquiries;
* Ability to understand and comply with MRC Global guidelines & expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
1901 N Clarkwood Bldg 216
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://MRCGlobal.appone.com