Technical Platform Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE: TECHNICAL PLATFORM ENGINEER
LOCATION: ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO
DURATION : 12months
INTERVIEW: Telephonic + F2F/Skype
Technical Platform Engineers are our technical thought leaders, and that means they are masters of both the hands-on technical domain as well as communication and mentorship.
Technical Platform Engineers possess broad, up-to-date technical skills across the core domains of software and IT infrastructure. At this level, they have become proficient with all aspects of the software development process (Agile planning, testing, development, performance optimization, refactoring, debugging, production support), and all components of software delivery (infrastructure, networking, operating systems, middleware, application runtimes, service integration, data and databases, production monitoring).
Technical Platform Engineers are also our experts in programming languages, algorithms and data structures, distributed computing and multi-threading, distributed databases, fault-tolerance, relational and non-relational data modeling and other advanced topics that power modern applications.
This role is specifically for the Imagery Platform that supports a wide variety of workflows to enable better, faster decisions throughout the company.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience and 3years of IT Industry experience
* Experienced full-stack developer
* Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
* Experience with test driven development
* 2+ years of cloud experience - AWS EC2, IAM, CloudFormation, SQS, SNS, RDS or equivalent technologies
* Experience creating RESTful microservices
* Functional and object-oriented programming experience
* Experience with relational and non-relational data stores
* Customer engagement including ideation, design thinking, and seeking rapid feedback
* Take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating
* Worked with imagery and/or video before
* Understand unique challenges/capabilities of geospatial imagery
* Experience with .NET programming environment
* Experience with search/analytics tools - ElasticSearch, Solr
* Experience architecting, creating, and operating continuous delivery pipelines
* NoSQL - Cassandra, Kafka, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, AWS RDS, Neo4J
* Docker or other container deployment technologies
* Cloud operation experience - running real workloads in the cloud and diagnosing and fixing problems
* Understand cloud architecture - loosely coupled systems, fault-tolerance, HA, scalability