Technical Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Naviance team at Hobsons offers a unique opportunity to work on an entrepreneurial team yet have the resources of a larger company. We currently have an outstanding opening for a Technical Product Manager (TPM) to serve as Product Owner for one or more scrum teams and to drive innovation that will improve the customer and student experience for users of the market leading college and career planning software.
The TPM is responsible for strategic product initiatives from idea generation through development and support. The product manager collaborates with UI design, engineering, marketing, sales, client services, and compliance stakeholders to recommend investments, determine feasibility, document requirements, prioritize, and execute on the delivery roadmap. Ideal candidates are passionate about creating opportunities for student success while supporting the administrative needs of schools.
This position will be located in Arlington, VA (Clarendon Metro stop):
* Support Hobsons SDLC as a Product Owner; motivate the delivery team with clear goals and serve as the proxy for the users, customers, and business
* Establish a solid understanding of users, customers, the marketplace, competition. and trends in the industry and delivery model
* Work collaboratively with product managers and assist in defining the market and product direction
* Effectively communicate, collaborate and influence a cross-functional team of PM, UX, Software Architects, Developers, QA, Dev Ops and Tech Ops to plan and execute the roadmap
* Ensure Client Service/Professional Service, Training and Support teams are well prepared to support the product
* Support the Product Managers with launching product to market
* Be the subject matter expert on the product
* Track cost of delivery, provide insights and make recommendations to improve ROI for the business
* Build positive relationships and trust through on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and exceeding expectations
* Participate in relevant professional organizations to gain industry knowledge regarding trends or other factors impacting the product line and to make sure the company s corporate interests are represented
* As needed, champion TPM processes: Define, Refine, Enforce and Educate
* Bachelor s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline is required. An advanced degree is desirable
* 5 to 8 years in a product owner role on an Agile Scrum team
* 2 to 3 years working with SaaS Software product
* Thorough understanding of Agile Scrum software development methodology
* Familiarity with post secondary and secondary education markets strongly preferred
* Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy and technical product
* Strong analytical and process-oriented approach; Ability to apply structure to complex problems
* Strong understanding of web-based technologies and related design concepts
* Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with customers in high-pressure situations and with multiple groups
* Ability to influence and motivate cross-functional teams
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
* Strong customer and student empathy.
* Have a passion for education, and for outstanding customer experiences across all touchpoints.
* Leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
* Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership and/or customers
* Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see and explain the big picture
* Self-motivated, with the resourcefulness and ability to deal with ambiguity
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets our employees. That s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
* Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short-term Disability Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Education Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
* Substantial Paid Time-off
* Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve throughNew Year s Day
* Casual Dress Environment
* Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at Www.hobsons.com.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.