Technical Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTECHNICAL PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER - CHICAGO (NORTHERN SUBURBS)
* Note: There is no allowance for relocation for this position
* Note: Please do not apply if you have no experience in technical marketing of production equipment ... our client makes electrical/mechanical equipment.
The Technical Product Marketing Manager will oversee "product success" over the entire lifecycle of the product. The Manager is responsible for understanding market needs, driving product strategy and plans (that align with company strategy), and ensuring product alignment across company departments and teams (e.g. pricing, channel, and marketing readiness, etc.). It is cross functional business, market, and technical management at the product or product line level.
PROCESS RESPONSIBILITIES, ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Gain a deep understanding of customer requirements, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
* Establish local relationships with regional Original Equipment Manufacture and Original Component Manufacture.
* Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
* Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
* Manage local product portfolio (supplementary products to the global portfolio)
* Translate product strategy into detailed requirements
* Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
* Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
* Maintain a close cooperation with marketing team (Market Segmentation and Product Management)
* Drive product launches including working with sales and marketing team, executives, and other product management team members
* Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
* Act as a product owner to build awareness and understanding
* Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Perform at a high level of the clients objectives program.
* Adhere to company policies and procedures as stated in the quality system documentation manual, the safety manual and the employee handbook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
* Proven working experience in product management
* Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
* Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
* Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in production equipment
* Strong problem solving skills and willingness
* Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred