Technical Product Support Specialist - AutoCAD 8/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job SUMMARY:
Work with and or create piping plans and detailed drawings from bid to installation of commercial construction projects, specializing in the HVAC hydronic piping systems. The Technical Product Support Specialist is in direct contact with customers and/or via first line customer support in Tyco Fire Protection Products sales organization. The Technical Product Support Specialist will deliver Technical trainings within his field of expertise as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide Technical Support to Sales and Customers
* Will provide material Take-offs from HVAC piping plan drawings and consulting engineers bid documents
* Create 3D computer based piping details of equipment hookups.
* Pull information from prints, work from marked up prints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce estimates.
* Perform engineering file updates and maintenance.
* Refine ideas and concepts originated by others and develop improvements.
* Work with Autodesks Revit files and fitting content specializing in mechanical piping
* Answer technical questions from sales and customers on mechanical piping installations
* Provide thermal movement calculations of piping systems
* Perform load calculations of forces within commercial piping systems
* Familiarization of building codes and agency approval in the commercial construction industry
* Build and deliver Trainings as needed for customers and internal employee in close cooperation with Training Department
* Strong schematic drawing reading skills, good mechanical aptitude
* Comfortable and efficient with computer workloads
* Competency in Autodesk software Revit MEP, AutoCAD 3D, AutoCAD MEP, and Familiarity in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft Office
* Customer focused,
* Problem-solver, self-starter and data and analytics driven by nature
* Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain relevant technological and business concepts that impact our business
* Superior written and spoken English communication skills and excellent listening skills
Technical Required Experience:
* Associates degree in a mechanical design/drafting technology or equivalent and two year experience in the mechanical industry, or
* High School diploma/GED with three year experience in industrial drafting/design using AutoCAD or equivalent