Technical Product Support Specialist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
JOB OVERVIEWTechnical Services provides technical support to our internal/external customers, sales force, distributors and end users. The Technical Product Support Specialist provides efficient, effective and cordial technical support. The Technical Services Specialist reports to the Technical Services Engineered Systems Manager.
Job Duties include:
* Prepare Bill of Materials for distributors, both domestic and international
* Communicates with Field sales to follow up on quotes
* Design systems and coordinate drafting time as required
* Prepare sketches for Drafter/CAD Operator(s) to complete.
* Consult with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
* Provide answers to technical questions from distribution, field sales and other customers.
* Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements.
* Travel to customer sites to assist in on site hazard analysis when required
* Represent the Technical Service Department on technical committees and project teams.
* Assist Quality Services with warranty claims.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
* Anticipates future legislation, advising customer on product, services, or equipment adherence to requirements.
* Review literature to assure technical correctness prior to release to the field.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
* Review manufacturing drawings for accuracy
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
* Bachelor degree in Technology or Engineering or similar background through education or related experience.
* 3 to 5 years of work experience
* National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level II in Special Hazard Systems or equivalent industry certification a plus.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
* Project Management
* Process Management / Continuous Improvement
* Team Leadership and Facilitation
* Business data collection and analysis
* Business acumen
* Organizational awareness
* Risk management
* Problem solving
* Written communications
* Time Management
* Presentation skills
* Action oriented
* Customer focus
* Managing through systems
* Learning / change agility
* Drive for results