Technical Product Support Specialist II- SprinkCAD
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This position is located in Lansdale PA.
Responsible for Support and training in the SprinkCAD products for our customers. Supports sales and prospect, during the sales process, by providing consultancy and product demonstrations. Takes care of all costumers needs during implementation, training and using SprinkCAD software.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide Technical Support to Sales and Customers
* Do product sales and marketing presentations in person and over web
* Report customer issues and software bugs to development through sprinkCAD systems
* Support the full product range of SprinkCAD Software Suite (www.sprinkCAD.com)
* Test new versions of software suite and report issues
* Build and deliver Trainings as needed for customers and internal employee in close cooperation with Training Department
* Build reports from data collected from software usage
* Participate in creating customer FAQ library
* Participate in creation of 3D CAD and BIM libraries
* Support New Product Development Projects to both Engineering as well Product Management
* Project team member for large projects
* Attend and be pro-active part of assigned industry technical committees
* Travel to customer sites with some international travel required
* Customer focused
* Problem-solver, self-starter and data and analytics driven by nature
* Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain relevant technological and business concepts that impact our business
* General knowledge of the Fire Protection Engineering principals and awareness of currents industry trends
* Understanding and application of the applicable NFPA standards in regards to water based fire protection including NFPA 13, 14, 25, 750 among others
* General awareness of the NFPA standards process
* Understanding and application of the applicable FM standards
* General awareness of the International Building Code (IBC)
* Solid business communication skills, including but not limited style and format of letters, memoranda, minutes, and reports
* Superior written and spoken English communication skills and excellent listening skills are a must. Spanish language capabilities are preferred.
* Strong, positive interpersonal skills
* Presentation skills
* Detail-oriented, particularly with respect to managing customer satisfaction
* Ability to identify need for and develop, processes and supporting materials
* Well-versed in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Proficient in the use of SprinkCAD (www.sprinkCAD.com) , AutoCAD, NavisWorks and Revit
* Web development skills are desirable
* Salesforce.com & SAP experience is highly desirable
Technical Required Experience:
* BS Degree in Fire Protection or Mechanical Engineering preferred
* Automatic Sprinkler Layout NICET III Certification or higher preferred
* 5 years related experience in the fire protection industry.