Technical Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Technical Program Manager is a key strategic role working within our Admissions and Advising product lines. The Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring successful and on-time delivery of critical, highly visible projects. The Program Manager will be expected to serve across multiple projects concurrently and be expected to manage all aspects of each project s lifecycle, from planning through completion. The Program Manager will work very closely with key leaders as well as the product lines of the business they support to ensure each project is aligned properly with business needs and expectations. The Program Manager will also work closely with external vendors and/or partners to ensure full alignment with Hobsons expectations and manage vendor execution. The Program Manager will also work closely with Product teams and Scrum teams to ensure that we are properly executing the product roadmap for the assigned product line.
This position will be located in: Cincinnati OH (Sharonville OH) or Arlington VA (Clarendon metro)
* Concurrently manage multiple high-level and or high risk initiatives
* Ensure projects are clearly scoped and planned, with intermediate milestones and checkpoints to track progress towards final completion
* Manage a decision and risk matrix for each project
* Report project health on a weekly basis to key stakeholders for each initiative
* Ability to anticipate and identify roadblocks and manage through resolution
* Communicate frequently with all impacted parties throughout the project lifecycle
* Assist with high level and detailed resource planning
* Serve as a bridge between Product Management and Product Development
* Conduct project reviews, retrospectives, and post-mortems as needed
* Manage project document repository and ensure all project artifacts are up to date and accurate at all times
* Participate as needed in hiring process for assigned product line
* Assist assigned product line with monthly financial tracking mechanisms
* Ensure that assigned projects stay on allocated budget
* Present to key leaders across the organization including quarterly roadmap and achievement of objectives against plan
* Serve as a ScrumMaster for at least 1 team
* Other duties as assigned
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including subject matter experts, end users, team members, managers, and executives
* Experience with project management tools (Jira, Confluence)
* BS/BA in related discipline and at least 10 years of experience in related field
* Expert understanding of Agile software development principles and practices including Scrum
* Experience managing large scale technical initiatives
* A strong technical background coupled with expertise in project management.
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations.
But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets our employees. That s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
* Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short-term Disability Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Education Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
* Substantial Paid Time-off
* Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year s Day
* Casual Dress Environment
* Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.