Technical Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Technical Project Manager
You will be part of a group that collaborates and works with multiple internal platform teams. This position provides endless career growth opportunities within many emerging technologies, including Cross Platform, Cloud, NoSql, Big Data & Analytics, and Cognitive Computing technologies. Our organization is made up of small functional teams (including Dev, DevOps, and QA), and this role would be leading a functional team in delivering new frontend and backend products. Our organization operates within a challenging, modern, and fun work setting, with a good work-life balance.
As the Project Manager, you will work with our development teams as well as other stakeholders and business owners to evaluate, plan, and deliver software development projects on time and within scope.
- Lead sprint planning to organize and plan the detailed work to complete the project
- Manage large and small projects with multiple business stakeholders across the organization
- Manage the team's overall progress to achieve organizational priorities within the requested deadlines
- Identify and escalate (when needed) risks and issues. Provide mitigation strategies to leadership.
- Manage a project delivery team
- B.S or B.A degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5years experience in a technology environment, including 2-3years of experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience managing technology driven projects with hands on experience, knowledge and understanding of underlying architecture, components, dependencies, etc.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams (dev, QA, ops, etc) and with other business/technology groups within an organization
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Must have a thorough understanding of project management concepts and techniques, using a variety of methodologies
- Excellent Team Interaction and Communication Skills, Consensus building skills
- Ability to manage time and deliverables amongst several ongoing projects
- Must be comfortable working in quickly evolving environment
- Ability to self manage and take initiative
- Flexible, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Effective collaborator in a multi-team environment
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Effective Team Leadership, Mentoring and Decision Making skills
- Keep up-to-date on technology trends, developments and best practices and apply those concepts to project needs
- Experience leading projects using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery model highly preferred
- Experience Google docs, video, mail and drive
- Experience with SmartSheet
- Experience in Data Science, Analytics, Front End and Cloud technology projects
- Experience using Linux command line