Technical Project Manager, Back End
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New Media Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONSeeking an experienced Technical Manager to join the Engineering team.
* Take ownership for the success of multiple small teams owning their technical quality, speedy delivery, and production results
* Be equally comfortable participating in a meeting to discuss a strategic initiative and jumping into the code to assist team members
* Manage and grow the people in your teams
* Actively involved in road mapping and resource allocation to support the continued growth of business
* Work with peers in Product Management to define milestones and deliveries for large initiatives across multiple teams
* Capable of running department wide initiatives both technical and organizational.
* Experience managing small technical teams in fast-paced environments. You can demonstrate the results and what you learned in the process.
* Able to get your hands dirty in at least one Object Oriented Language such as C# or Java
* Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server, including profiling of existing systems
* Demonstrated ability to achieve big results with a small team of engineers
* Prior experience helping scale a rapidly growing company
* Familiarity with AWS services and infrastructure e.g. S3, EC2, ELB, RDS and etc.
* Comfortable with branch oriented source control systems and such as GIT
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston with 10 offices around the US, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine listed AVID three times on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts. AVID Technical Resources has not only been recognized by local and national business and staffing organizations, but also by its most important critics: our clients and candidates.