Technical Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mastech Digital is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Technical Project Manager for our client in the Utilities domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Location: Dallas, TX 75202
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Technical Project Manager
Role Description: The Technical Project Manager would need to have at least 8 years of experience. This position will be delivering a technical solution for secondary technology operations site and is responsible for meeting with business/technical partners directly, facilitate/lead requirements/WBS gathering sessions (white boarding, brainstorming), plans, coordinates, monitor and drives risks, issues and timelines, managing the full lifecycle including resource allocation, progress tracking and monitoring change control.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand and resolve issues, mitigate risks and dependencies and the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Experience in multiple Geo Redundant sites.
- Experience with technologies for continuous multi-site replication.
- Experience with Infrastructure and High Availability.
- Familiar with the following technologies: Hardware OS - OEL (Oracle Enterprise Linux, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Windows; VM Ware; Storage SANs; Oracle Databases; Network Switches, Veritas; and VMware).
- Analyzes business and user needs, documentation of requirements per company standards, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Participate in solution option evaluations with IT teams and business partners.
- Responsible for initial planning and estimation of projects and requests.
- Interfaces with PMO on developing a comprehensive project plan and leading business partners in their areas such as training, testing, operational changes/plans, user acceptance testing and deployment to the field (global locations).
- Drives the project team to deliver timeline, critical milestones and overall deliverables of the project.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans, schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Manage schedule, dependencies, and resource utilization across work plans.
- Monitor and manage expectations, conduct milestone reviews, manage process performance, conduct continuous improvement and causal analysis activities.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project - oversee the implementation of corrective actions and review current mitigation and resolution activities.
- Conduct project close-outs and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Strong project delivery skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills.
- Relevant experience as a Technical Project Manager.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional documentation skills - written and diagrams.
- Ability to adapt and excel in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and make sound business decisions.
- Ability to own and drive issues to resolution, sense of urgency with strong follow-up skills.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS Visio, and MS Project.
- Requires strong collaboration skills and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum 8 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Preeti Sharma
Recruiter Phone: 412.436.0333 (Ext: 230