Technical Project Manager III Infrastructure: Database
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONClient is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager III Infrastructure: Database
Plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
* Plan course of relatively large or complex project(s), including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
* Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
* Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
* Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
* Provide guidance to project staff; may manage staff of analysts who are developing technical specifications or developers who are coding. May plan, document, manage and evaluate staff performance, or contribute to evaluation by their managers.
* Contribute to professional or technical development of less experienced staff by mentoring or training.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
* 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Experience with large scale infrastructure build projects. Infrastructure platforms include network, security appliances, and middleware products such as web and application servers, statistical analysis programs, etc.
* Expert use of Microsoft Project and Project Server
* Expert use of Sharepoint Expert use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
* Expert use of Microsoft Visio
* Ability to manage a program of projects (possibly up to 15).
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Ability to create and manage large budgets (to include resource tracking, capital expenditures and other project expenses).
* Ability to interface with senior management in order to provide status, manage issues, and present options.
* Experience with Oracle
* Experience with Unix