Technical Project Manager (Microsoft Technologies)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
We believe in empowering people to do more, through iconic experiences. We build disruptive technology that challenges the status quo, and propels the world of productivity to the next level. We are the engineering services team within the Microsoft Surface organization, responsible for building, developing, improving and sustaining internal tools, services and IT infrastructure.Our vision is to evolve Surface Engineering Services with the focus on simplicity, scalability, sustainability and security. We are investing in the development and application of technology to optimize the operational efficiencies both within our own processes and the Surface organization as a whole.We are seeking an experienced and versatile Program Manager who has a proven track record in excellence and can partner effectively to drive results. You will be responsible for turning customer requirements into high value features. You will work with internal / external partner teams to align objectives, determine risks, create functional solutions, implement a plan, and ultimately deliver an impactful result. The successful candidate will have effective written and oral communication skills, excellent cross-organizational and project management skills and thrive in a highly innovative, fast paced, evolving and ambiguous environment.
* 4-8 years of software Program Management experience with demonstrated success.
* 2-3 years of experience in web serviceso Bachelor's degreerequired.
* Masters preferred.
* Education in technical area preferred or equivalent work experienceo Knowledge/background in software industry products/services/applications with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft's products/services/applications preferred
* Experience in functional specifications
* Broad technical understanding of mobile, PC hardware / system design, Windows architecture
* Ability to learn quickly and work independently while dealing with ambiguous data points and situations, with strong positive attitude
* Strong cross-group collaboration while solving complex problems
* Ability to anticipate and analyze project risks and develop risk mitigation plans
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* TFS experience preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.