Technical Project Manager 9/3/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER for our client in NEW YORK, NY
JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* The individual would work for the team responsible for projects that develop and implement Mobile banking strategies.The team works closely with business units (Retail Banking, Credit Card, other) to understand consumer needs and business priorities and helps deliver innovative products and services to meet those needs.
* As a Technical Project Manager you will lead mobile technology projects from concept to implementation working with mobile technologies including iPhone, iPad and Android applications.
* Technical Project Managers may also be assigned to platform development teams (iOS, Android, Mobile Browser, etc.) to support daily scrum/stand-up meetings, iteration planning & review meetings, coordinating handoffs between business analysts and developers, defect & issue tracking and resolution, and platform progress reporting.
* Act as the primary point of contact for mobile technology projects.
* Concurrently lead multiple mobile technology projects from concept to implementation, and through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
* Provide business teams input into project requirements, design and other critical project documentation.
* Build and maintain relationships with internal (business and technology team members) and external (i.e. Apple) customers.
RESPONSIBLE FOR EXCEPTIONAL VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION INCLUDING:
* Executive level project communication
* Project risks and issues
* Project status
* Facilitate meetings to support the communication responsibility. Meetings will include project level as well as senior level team members.
* Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
* Manage all aspects of mobile project budgets.
* Plan team capacity to accommodate mobile project demands.
* Coordinate project schedules.
* Create work estimates based on technology concepts and requirements documentation.
* Support project releases.
* 4 years technology experience with a minimum of 2 years of technical project management.
* Experience with leading projects through all phases of a software development lifecycle.
* Experience with Mobile technology.
* Agile project management experience, including use of agile project management tools (i.e. Wiki, Mingle, etc.) a plus.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience with executive level communication.
* Ability to build strong internal and external client relationships.
* Ability to lead geographically distributed diverse project teams.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project Server.
* Experience with Quality Center or other defect management software.
* Candidates must be self-motivated and confident in ambiguous circumstances.
* College degree or equivalent experience required