Technical Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONTechnical Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple lines of business during transition between data centers. The project manager will be responsible managing infrastructure-based engagements including data center consolidation, network transformation, server migrations, end user application deployments and others. The project manager will work within a defined framework, involving all technical groups as appropriate. The project manager will also manage business and technology stakeholder communications and coordinate activities handled by project participants who are working on other programs at the same time.
* Experience leading infrastructure transformations, migrations and deployments in a shared services group
* Knowledgeable in related technology areas including: Unix-based application systems, Microsoft-based application systems, databases, networking, storage, end-user systems, IP services
* Superior communication skills
* Ability to translate technical requirements and solutions into business language
* Skills to work with business stakeholders to understand application lifecycle planning and document objectives and requirements.
* Adept at prioritizing requirements and defining scope to meet market needs in a timely manner given available resources
* Experience developing, maintaining and distributing (as appropriate) standard project management deliverables for the successful migration of applications including: requirements, migration plan, project schedule, issues & action items log, meeting minutes, risks assessment and contingencies
* Ability to partner with service desk and operations teams to create support and transition plans
* Demonstrable competency anticipating problems and complications, and formulating solutions so as not to impede the progress of the project
* 8 years' experience in technical engineering and/or operations
* 5 years' experience in technical project management
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
* Adept with the following tools: Microsoft Project, ServiceNow (including PPM module), Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office 365