Technical Publications Manager 9/13/2016
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Technical Publications Manager
Auto req ID
Business Unit Name
Oncology Systems (ONCG)
- Manages the preparation, production, and reproduction of company publications.
- Establishes priorities and oversees schedules to ensure timely delivery of documentation.
- Works cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering and other groups to address documentation requirements across all products.
- Assists in defining standards, style, and terminology.
- Facilitates technical reviews with Product Management and Engineering.
- Reviews, recommends, and drives process improvements to ensure the Tech Pubs team is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Works with the manager to clearly define measurable phases or milestones.
- Manages the team, including hiring and training staff, and holding performance reviews.
- Ability, competence, and confidence to lead people.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Bachelor s degree in technical writing, journalism, communications or related field
- 5 years of related experience.
- One year or more of management experience or supervisory equivalent
Percentage of Travel Required