Technical Publications Manager 9/13/2016
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Technical Publications Manager
Auto req ID
Business Unit Name
Oncology Systems (ONCG)
- Manages the preparation, production, and reproduction of company publications.
- Establishes priorities and oversees schedules to ensure timely delivery of documentation.
- Works cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering and other groups to address documentation requirements across all products.
- Assists in defining standards, style, and terminology.
- Facilitates technical reviews with Product Management and Engineering.
- Reviews, recommends, and drives process improvements to ensure the Tech Pubs team is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Works with the manager to clearly define measurable phases or milestones.
- Manages the team, including hiring and training staff, and holding performance reviews.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Ability, competence, and confidence to lead people.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Bachelor s degree in technical writing, journalism, communications or related field
- 5 years of related experience.
- One year or more of management experience or supervisory equivalent
Percentage of Travel Required