Technical Sales Engineer Automation & Networking
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 2/9/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMerck/ MilliporeSigma, a leader in providing products and services to the biopharmaceutical industry, is seeking an individual to support our BioPharm Production System integration activities. We are seeking an experienced, highly-motivated and talented individual to play a leadership role in a dynamic team and customer-facing environment in this rapidly growing area. The position is based at the Billerica, MA USA offices.
This position is a new role and the individual will need to create many of the tools, materials and relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Their primary responsibility will be to translate customer integration requirements e.g. User Management, data integration, network integration, anti-virus management and remote support access to the business area to drive appropriate feature development in our new system Product Development Projects and conversely to develop the tools to enable the commercial organization to correctly position our advanced network features to end-users and to systems infrastructure managers.
The role will also provide direct support to customers with networking and other automation issues and when necessary provide on-site support.
This role will work directly with customers and industry thought leaders to assess the current and anticipated future process and technology needs of the marketplace. The successful candidate will work at all levels of the organization, and must be very familiar with the needs of senior management.
As part of Merck worldwide commercial team, you will have the opportunity to advance personally and professionally; enjoy competitive compensation & benefits while helping us exceed our business objectives.
Duties & responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, worldwide development and management of our Go To Market strategy and services for our BioPharm Production Systems with a focus on communicating market needs, exploring new opportunities and launching, positioning and supporting novel integration services. This position serves as a primary interface, requiring a high degree of interaction, with customers, R&D, Product Management, Manufacturing, Field Service, Technical Service, Sales and external partners.
* Manage and execute customer facing activities to support integration of systems data & operation (filter integrity testing, process equipment, etc.) into client determined and owned networked data management and reporting systems
* Translating customer requirements and feedback to Global Marketing
* Translating new functionality into new sales and support materials to drive the Go To Market and Support Strategy
* Training system sales and field service personnel on system integration
* Creating and sharing competitive analysis and trends assessment reports
* Working with product development teams to represent the voice of the customer
* Implementation & maintenance support of networked systems within the Merck M-Lab environments to properly showcase our offering
* Architecting future network infrastructure to support the commercial organization with respect to application development, data storage, analytics capabilities etc.
* Providing technical 2nd level support for customers including visiting customer sites when necessary
You will represent the business in appropriate professional associations, societies and groups in both national and international settings. The Automation SDS would represent Merck at workshops, seminars, and presentations at professional conferences and tradeshows in support of product introductions and sales opportunities. The individual will be a subject matter expert in his/her area of responsibility.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, energetic, strategic thinking, and results oriented with:
* Bachelor s Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science
* 5+ years industrial network management or network infrastructure experience
* Must have knowledge of and experience in support and training biopharmaceutical market; experience within Life Science industry (regulation, cGMP, GAMP5 ...) would be plus
* Must be experienced and effective in working across boundaries and functions.
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Excellent organization and project management skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively internationally
* Cisco or other network certifications a plus.
* Experience in the bioprocessing industry and single-use manufacturing is highly desirable.
This position requires domestic and international travel for at least 30-40% of the time.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.