Technical Sales Manager (Automotive)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is an award-winning and visionary global supplier of embedded solutions, cloud computing and services for the automotive industry that currently has an opening for a Sales Manager at their office in Farmington Hills, Michigan. They offer excellent benefits, matching 401k, 3 weeks' vacation, gym reimbursement and much more. The Sales Manager is a unique, high-profile role that will be the main point of contact with key automotive customers in the US, managing a portfolio of software services and products.
The Sales Manager is responsible for providing:
* Interface between account sales management and business areas
* Technical 1st level support for account sales management as well as managing and growing targeted accounts
* Introducing service and product portfolio to potential customers
* Helping customers understand, compare, and contrast the solutions
* Bid manager (collect mandatory competences and resources, responsible for work packages and content of bid documents jointly)
* Business responsibility (bookings, billings, budget, actual, forecast, business and payment models) for own accounts
* Bid owner for own accounts
* Quotations, execution and closings for own accounts
* BA/domain/account reporting
* Product definition (providing customer feedback and requirements to support definition of roadmap and feature list, technical product management, pricing, creation of datasheets)
* Product/solution promotion (e.g. fairs, tech days)
Key Qualifications include the following: * An understanding of the automotive market and industry
* An understanding of complex software sales
* Comfort with ambiguity and the flexibility to adapt to changing business and customer requirements
* Prioritizing concurrent, and even opposing, business needs/opportunities
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, English language is a must.
* Attention to detail, self-discipline, self-motivation and self-awareness
Position Requirements: * BA/BS and 5+ years in technical sales role
* Strong technical sales background with experience in complete sales process.
* Travel ~25-40% (both domestic and international)
* Experience negotiating contracts and writing proposals