Technical Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTECHNICAL SALES MANAGER
LOCATION: PHOENIX, AZ
This Technical Sales Manager - Propulsion position requires extensive breadth and depth of experience in D&S propulsion engines, including the T55, T53, HTS900, LTS101, AGT1500, TFE731, TPE331 and HTF7000 engines as well as aftermarket services for both military and commercial fixed wing and rotary wing applications. The technical sales manager supports sales efforts for OEMs and aftermarket customers. This position combines internal sales with customer-facing activities in support of M&PM, CBTs, OEM Managers and Regional Technical Sales Managers with the development of value propositions, sales tool kit (brochures, info graphic, etc.) as well as responding to RFI, RFPs and customer inquiries.
* Lead the Sales Pursuit Process within the Propulsion Product Line by ensuring pursuit execution, revenue attainment, programs win and short term growth for Honeywell
* Accurate and complete opportunity forecasting within SFDC
* Ability to multitask several open pursuits at one time
* Accountable for proper Greensheet development and SEA utilization and compliance
* Leads or assists coordination of the Greensheet meeting to get the winning price approved by management
* Participate in the development of roadmaps/strategic plan (STRAP)
* Convey customer requirements to M&PM (Customer QCNs)
* Influence the responsible product line discretionary spending
* Participate as required in the STRAP development
* Partnering with BD Leaders and MPM, develop product line strategies, pursuit tactics, and drive campaign execution
* Manage product line opportunity pipeline health by continually identifying and prospecting new growth opportunities in coordination with the CBTs
* Support the organization as a product line expert
* Support customer presentations & communications as required
* Develop Technical write ups for proposals and customer meetings
* Develop and conduct briefings that provide the technical approach at a level appropriate for the audience
* Ability to translate customer, product and competitor strategies into clear, tailored value propositions for products and services - maintaining close collaboration with MPM
* Support demonstrations, trade shows and other customer facing activities
* Identify resources for proposals
* Developing a winning strategy in concert with M&PM, CBT and engineering
* Engaged in and helps manage the proposal process. Writes key sections, and assures it is a winning proposal. As appropriate delivers proposal to customer and assures follow-up as needed
* Keep Tech Sales section of Mission Plan up to date
* Provide Technical Learning/Training
* Interface with the other Honeywell organizations and communicate customer requirements and needs
* Provide technical training support to customers and distributors
* Interface with engineering to provide VOC customer QCN information
* Support of B&P estimates
* Accountable to the Technical Sales Director for sales/team goals and objectives
* Complex Pursuit sales with emphasis on short term sales and Key Pursuits
* Total Wins within a year
* RMU Wins and revenue attainment
* Non-incumbent wins and whitespace recapture
* Technical & Sales Process expertise
* Meet Discretionary Target
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors' degree in engineering, marketing, business management or related discipline
* Minimum 3years in propulsion engine design, development and support.
* Minimum 5years of experience in global aerospace/defense business, sales, technical, marketing, or customer support.
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
* Defense not satisfied with the status quo
* Excellent communication skills and a good listener with the ability to establish credibility and relationships from the manager to senior executive levels with the customer and within HON
* Strong leadership/influence skills (direct and with matrix teams) and a team player with the ability to operate independently as needed
* Six Sigma trained and certified to greenbelt, and familiar with ITAR regulations and laws
HONEYWELL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.