Technical Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION_TIRED OF YOUR WORK AND IDEAS NOT BEING RECOGNIZED _
Come work with us - we will empower you to make decisions, ask you to focus on continuous improvement and implement your innovative ideas.
_COME WORK WHERE YOU ARE NOT JUST A NUMBER! _
At Actuant your contributions are visible and opportunities for expanding your knowledge are unlimited.
_GROW, IMPROVE AND ENGAGE_
Actuant's guiding values and vision can only be achieved by hiring top talent. Come join a global company that has a motivated, customer-orientated, and continuous improvement focused workforce.
In return for your contributions to achieving our vision - you will be rewarded for your performance, have access to virtual and hands on learning and development opportunities and have the potential for career growth.
WHAT MAKES THIS ROLE EXITING IN THIS FIELD, INDUSTRY AND/OR COMPARED TO OTHER COMPANIES
CORTLAND is a global designer and manufacturer of engineered synthetic ropes, heavy lift slings, electro-optical-mechanical cables, and umbilicals. We have, throughout all of our facilities, the broadest collection of rope and cable processing capabilities available anywhere. With a history of entrepreneurialism and a broad experience in custom-built applications, we deliver world-class solutions that maximize performance, safety, and efficiency for our clients in the oil and gas, heavy marine, subsea, ROV, seismic, defense and aerospace markets. From our strategically placed sales, engineering, and service centers, we support global customers at a local level. We are proud of our commitment to drive performance and provide continuous improvements for our clients.
OBJECTIVES AND EXPECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS
A successful candidate will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact. First and foremost goal is to increase revenue. We are looking to develop our regular accounts and grow them to a significant order value of $100,000 and up.
DAY IN THE LIFE
* The primary focus of this position will be selling electro-, optical, and mechanical cables. You will have daily engagement with manufacturing facilities based in New York, USA and the United Kingdom. These production actions may be related to your ongoing customer activities.
* You will have the freedom to arrange continuous customer facing opportunities through mid-morning to afternoon appointments.
* A third component will be to oversee full-cycle quotation management including inputs from internal, cross-functional, stakeholders to validate pricing proposals.
* Join an experienced Sales team where you will have the freedom to "map your own destiny"; create business by planning your sales calls, driving your own accounts, and proving your sales capability. All while having the support of management and peer Account Managers when needed.
* We are looking for a talented Sales professional who has a keen technical aptitude and a strong desire to "hunt" for new business, increase existing market share and reinvigorate previous customer relationships.
* The position requires an individual that is technically savvy, has the ability to make sound decisions in a fluid environment and is able to work in a strong team environment to drive results.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 2-5 years of proven success in selling technical products/systems. Demonstrated success in applying the fundamentals and application of "Time and Territory Management" techniques and "Key Account" management.
* Relentless drive for results. Curious and self-motivated with the ability to achieve sales quotas and goals.
* Demonstrated sales results, creative ability and good business and engineering decision making skills. Able to demonstrate competitive product analysis. Develop and deliver customer-centered solutions, providing exceptional services to meet and exceed customer requirements.
* Collaborative with outstanding influencing skills. Needs to work well in a team environment, willing to step up in difficult situations and take leadership role - irrespective of reporting relationships - to solve problems.
* Proficient organizational, written presentation/oral presentation skills and "professional image" as a representative of the company required. Able to communicate between individual contributor levels to executive leadership within internal stakeholders and external client businesses.
* Cable and Umbilical sales experience. Fully capable of driving full cycle client management including engagement with customers, able to take on new approaches (cold calling, prospect management, bid management and closing a sale).
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
BS in Engineering, Business or Marketing OR Equivalent level of education and experience to establish and maintain creditability with customer base and to develop in-depth knowledge of the business unit's products, systems, and applications.
If you're looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. APPLY NOW!
_EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer_