Technical Sales Representative
Smith a Schlumberger Company - Oklahoma City, OK
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Schlumberger Limited is the world's leading oilfield services company supplying technology, information solutions and integrated project management that optimize reservoir performance for customers working in the oil and gas industrial markets. Smith business segments offer a wide range of products and services for the oil and gas industry.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We're also a leading employer in our sector-with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today's industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that's embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you
Schlumberger is an equal opportunity employer.
The Bits & Advanced Technologies (B&AT) Technical Sales Representative will plan, design, execute and evaluate Schlumberger services to its clients to provide flawless service quality and ensure compliance with all SLB Standards. The B&AT Technical Sales Representative will sell Drill Bits and related services to defined clients in the area.
Reports to District Location Manager/Region Sales Manager
Essential Responsibilites and Duties:
- Works at client site and sells drill bits and services to assigned client.
- Provides product recommendations and technical presentations of the product to client.
- Troubleshoots product performance
- Analyzes BIT Records in DRS (Drilling Records System)
- Develops and maintains sales strategies to increase sales and profits through major accounts and complex business lines.
- Builds strong customer relationships.
- Manages the sales function and may supervise a staff.
- May be instrumental in developing cross-divisional sales opportunities.
- Complies with all company & regulatory HS&E & Quality and IT standards and policies. Wears all personal protective equipment as required and maintains required HS&E & SQ certifications up to date.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Education: Bachelor of Engineering, Science or Business degree
- Initiative, self driver
- Communication - Verbal & Written
- Team Work
- 5-10 years industry related field sales experience.
- Drill Bit experience preferred.
- Well Planning knowledge preferred.
- Specialized technical knowledge of Oil & Gas service industry products & services preferred.
- Possesses a distinguished and sustained sales achievement record.
Smith offers competitive salaries, benefits packages including 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Education Reimbursement and advancement opportunities. Smith is an equal opportunity employer.