Technical Sales Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide and coordinate technical sales support to include frequent sales presentations as well as oversight of application engineering and proposal generation to the Commercial Industrial, Retail, Banking and Government National Accounts and field sales organizations for major system sales to include large/complex integrated systems, multiplexed CCTV systems, IPTV systems, fire alarm systems, and large/complex card access systems (and others as required). Primarily responsible for providing Technical Sales and Business support to include frequent presentations and business discovery meetings as well as repeatable solution development to go to market with the BD customers we are targeting. This person will possess the technical skills to understand how solutions integrate and how to maneuver inside TycoIS to facilitate these solutions. A good understanding of General Network Topology is desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support Corporate Business Development in all technical engagements with companies being targeted.
* Work with BD to create go to market strategies and unique repeatable solutions that BD targets want to go to market with as well.
* Coordinate with key contacts in customer organizations to gain understanding of products, applications and solutions the customers provide as well as understand where Tyco can fit in to create growth.
* Work with management teams inside National Accounts and Advanced Integrations to capitalize on opportunities that are jointly worked with BD customers.
* Actively participate in customer presentations and systems demonstrations utilizing technical knowledge, sales skills and business acumen to assist in driving opportunities that create growth.
* Review and qualify opportunities that are to be jointly worked with BD customers as well as help prepare proposals/responses that meet BD customer needs.
* Assist in planning, setup and support of National Accounts product demonstrations, industry shows and exhibitions.
* Assist and coordinate with Sales Directors, BD Directors, National Account Managers and COE Operations Managers to facilitate the utilization of the resources of the GCOE/NCOE and field operations teams to meet specific growth objectives.
* Assist BD Directors by providing technical overview to both BD Directors and prospective BD clients.
* Support the National Accounts sales organization in major system sales to include large integrated systems, multiplexed CCTV systems, IPTV systems, fire alarm systems and large card access systems.
* Work with management teams and National Accounts Sales Managers in developing strategies and tactics to maximize sales opportunities and growth for both Regional/National Accounts and Global Sales Teams.
* Coordinate with key contacts in customer organizations to gain understanding of customers business, needs and requirements.
* Review bid specifications and lead the support team and sales organization to prepare bid responses and functional specifications which ensure that they meet sales and engineering requirements.
* Work with Field Engineering and Field Operations teams to ensure proper application of systems products to meet customer requirements.
* Assist National Accounts sales and field installation associates in coordination of project cost estimates as needed.
* Assist Directors and Regional Directors to provide technical sales training to National Account Managers and System Sales Representatives.
* Ensure the use of Tyco Policies and Procedures in all aspects of project preparation and implementation.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Sales/Marketing and/or other related field equivalent experience.
* Minimum of three (3) years of technical commercial sales support, including three (3) years of major accounts sales support of electronic security or related low voltage equipment.
* Proven ability to make highly competent sales presentations to high level corporate contacts.
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions and ensure they are carried through.
* Proven support ability with high-level corporate contacts.
* Proficiency in making compelling technical sales presentations to C level executive customer representatives.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of large project management, database connectivity, basic LAN protocols, and serial communications.
* High level of proficiency in access control, intrusion detection, fire alarm and CCTV products and concepts.
* Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
* Ability to set priorities.
* Ability to comprehend and make valid contributions to developing a detailed proposal, including sales and marketing strategies.
* Possess high level of PC literacy.
* Ability to travel.