Technical Sales Specialist 9/1/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The primary function of this position is to provide sales and technical application support within an assigned territory, of the Building Systems products. This position will perform problem solving assignments requiring a high level of expertise as they relate to the entire sales, engineering, installation and service cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide sales, application, and technical support to field sales force for assigned products and/or territory.
* Value engineer projects when requested to ensure maximum profitability
* Work closely with region management to support plans and programs developed by region
* Make recommendations to Marketing and Engineering groups based on information gained from working directly with the field organization on customer solutions
* Provide high level customer sales and technical presentations that may also include equipment demonstrations
* Make presentations to sales force during training schools
* Demonstrate mature business foresight and judgement by anticipating and solving unique problems
* Perform additional duties as required
* BSEE or related degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
* 5 - 7 years of application experience with Simplex electronic building systems, products and applications
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Solid presentation skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to support assigned business which include but are not limited to Fire Alarm and Sound & Communication product families
* Certification in Fire Alarm Systems through NICET or equivalent industry recognized organization