Technical Service Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you love chemistry and enjoy working with analytical instruments? Do you want more personal interaction and the ability to solve technical problems?
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will work alongside other Technical Support team members to serve as the triage point for hardware, software, and basic applications problems encountered by Metrohm USA customers, Sales, and Service Representatives. This role provides support for multiple product lines using email, telephone, remote access software, and other communications media.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced problem solver to join a dynamic team. Periodic opportunities to work with our applications lab, participating in repairs or custom instrument builds in our service center, and the occasional customer site visits ensures functional variety and will help keep your mechanical skills honed.
It's an exciting time at Metrohm USA!
We are the North American division of world-renown Metrohm AG (Herisau, Switzerland), an industry leader in laboratory instruments and accessories for analytical testing/research. We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team in Riverview, FL (Tampa area). It’s your chance to be a part of a dynamic team and make an immediate impact!
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will:
• Respond to technical support inquires related to software, hardware, and basic applications
• Document customer issues and provide feedback to manufacturing as appropriate
• Create supporting documents used as internal resources and for external support
• Travel, when required, to support Metrohm equipment. Travel <25%
• Create cases in Microsoft Dynamics CRM to document support interaction
• Provide support for in house service and custom product build teams
Ideal Experience and Education:
A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Chemistry from a four-year college or university; Five years of related work experience with chemistry based instruments; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred experience includes hands-on operating or support of products such as: Titration, Ion Chromatography, Raman and Near Infrared Spectroscopy, Electrochemistry, and Process instrumentation. In addition:
• Strong Problem Solving Skills
• Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of software
• Ability to learn and master multiple instrument software platforms
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Understand method development for laboratory and process instruments
Why Work for Us?
Our innovative, high quality products are found in laboratories of all kinds: academic, industrial, research, quality control, processing, manufacturing and scale-up and all over the world, although our efforts concentrate on North America. As part of a global entity and growing organization you will be part of a progressive and high-energy team, focused on bringing quality products to market and excelling in quality customer service. We provide a professional, dynamic environment and offer competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package.
These benefits include:
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision
• Basic life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
• Short- and long-term disability
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal days
• 401k savings and profit sharing plans
• And more!
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and contact information.
Metrohm USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Metrohm USA, Inc. is a federal contractor with a commitment to engage in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Metrohm USA, Inc. is an E-Verify employer.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance