Technical Services Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are currently seeking a Manager in our North American Technical Service team based in Billerica Massachusetts. As part of this Process Solutions Technical Service team, you will manage one of two teams of Technical Service Specialists providing frontline product and application technical support for our pharmaceutical and biotech customers. As part of the Global Process Solutions Commercial Sales Support team you will collaborate with our global business partners ensuring best in class, harmonized partnership with our internal and external customers.
Your Key Responsibilities:
* Manage a diverse team of Technical Service Specialists, ensuring superior technical support for our North American Process Solutions customers (both internal and external).
* Oversee the day to day workflow for the Technical Service group, working closely with your co-manager to ensure seamless and efficient processes.
* Your team will manage product related quality complaints and you will ensure that the process runs smoothly, providing support for complex issues.
* Partner with our global Process Solutions technical service management teams to share best practices and ensure a harmonized face to our customers.
* Work collaboratively with business partners (account managers, customer service, technical consulting, field marketing, and technology management) to resolve issues and provide solutions to meet our customers needs.
* Promote a climate of positive employee relations by fostering transparency and open 2-way communications with your team and by resolving employees issues in a timely manner.
* You will challenge both yourself and others by managing employee performance, including the timely completion of performance appraisals and mid-year reviews, regular feedback, and appropriate action planning.
* You will support and promote MilliporeSigma and are an example to others as a role model for the company s values.
* Bachelor of Science degree or above in biotechnology, pharma technology or life sciences.
* 3+ years Management or Supervisory experience
* 3+ years of experience in the Life Sciences environment with a working knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotech drug production processes/unit operations and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate:
* Has proven leadership capabilities with experience in change management and organizational change.
* Is highly customer-focused, with an understanding of our customers needs, goals and challenges.
* Is technically knowledgeable, enabling you to be a resource for your team and an escalation point for our customers.
* Is adaptable, innovative and solutions oriented.
* Is highly organized, managing and prioritizing multiple demands while providing coaching and direction to the Technical Service team.
* Has strong communication skills with the ability to apply effective communication techniques and demonstrate good listening skills.
* Is an effective team player, knowing how to work with different teams in a multicultural matrix environment.
* Is commercially astute, understanding the Life Science market needs and trends.
* Thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.