Technical Services Regional Manager- GER01667
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
This position is responsible for providing technical support to customers and Sales team. This position reports directly to the Director of Technical Services, as does the Technical Service Engineer.
The incumbent works in close coordination and provides support to Technical Service Engineers.
Qualifications for this position will include knowledge, abilities, and skills as may be demonstrated by a degree in metallurgical, materials science, chemical or other relevant engineering field, from an accredited college or university, combined with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience (10 years preferred) in steel mill production, specifically SBQ. The position also requires a good knowledge of the making, shaping and treating of steel.
The Technical Services Regional Manager provides technical service support to customers, supports sales personnel with technical issues, interacts with mill personnel, Product and Process Engineers and R&D specialists, in the understanding of customer specifications and expectations. The incumbent coordinates the resolution of customer complaints and ensures that corrective and preventive actions proposed are robust and meets customer expectations. The Technical Services Regional Manager has the responsibility of identifying opportunities for the development of new products and applications.
Due to close contact with customers and other stakeholders, the position requires the ability to communicate effectively with different personalities in diverse situations. Incumbent must also possess good technical report writing and presentation skills.
This position has been identified as one of the Gerdau's succession planning positions. The incumbent will be exposed to all aspects of mill operations, including the Gerdau Business System (GBS), budgetary and accounting responsibilities, as well as leadership development and performance management programs. The incumbent will also be expected to provide technical and engineering expertise for special projects.
This is responsible for metallurgical review for sales inquiries, plant loading, and routing steps to support pricing. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of customer specifications and expectations. The incumbent develops and maintains thorough customer profiles for the territory he or she is accountable for, including specifications, expectations, routing/economy, and technical resolution. Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide technical services to the customer and support the sales team.
* Maintain existing and develop new customer accounts.
* Develop and implement a defined visitation plan for assigned customer accounts
* Issue timely and regular customer contact reports to the organization
* Support the Annual Action Plan development and implementation based on the service levels established. Conduct the preventive, corrective, and/or development visits as identified in the Plan.
* Identify new product development opportunities. Work collaboratively with the Product Line Manager, R&D and Product/Process engineers in the coordination and implementation of product development projects
* Conduct follow-up visits to review quality, economy, and satisfaction of new products
* Responsible for review of customer specifications and expectations, establishing cost optimized routing, plant loading and technical resolution for customer issues in the assigned territory.
* Develop relationships with universities, technical and trade organizations and OEMs
* Provide guidance and support to Technical Service Engineers and technical teams at the mills
* Comply with company policy and procedures.
Must have a four-year degree in Engineering
10 years experience preferred a minimum of 5- 7 years experience Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.