3M Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Technical Service Representative will report directly to the Sales Manager, work closely with the 3M Account Manager and have daily, face-to-face interaction with our customer's design staff and 3M packaging engineers. He/She will also work closely with the 3M customer service representative and other personnel of Kapstone to ensure customer and production needs and requirements are achieved.
The Technical Service Representative will provide direct sales support in the areas of customer service, sales and technical support while serving as the voice of Kapstone. He/she will develop strong customer relationships to support and promote current and future business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrate a commitment to Safety and perform job duties in accordance with company Safety policies and procedures.
* Liaise between Customer and facility by interacting daily by various means with production, shipping and Account Manager.
* Develop strong, internal working relationships to support and promote efficient, timely, and accurate response to Customer expectations.
* Coordinate all customer activities assuring that communications are of the highest integrity and responsiveness.
* Coordinate and participate in design review meetings.
* Address Customer complaints and questions seeking aid from sales and management as necessary.
* Lead meetings and make presentations to large mixed audiences.
* Track orders, initiating changes and expediting per Customer or sales requests. Communicate same to sales, management and Customer, as needed.
* Coordinate the necessary delivery schedules with the shipping department communicating same with sales, management and the Customer, as needed.
* Manage and track Customer warehouse product to ensure availability and min/max levels while managing over-runs and under-runs. Analyze monthly usages and re-stocking per Customer, as needed.
* Follow established processes and procedures to ensure accuracy of work.
* Facilitate communications with respect to design requests, die lines and tooling quotes initiating sample and design requests, as applicable.
* Generate various reports and distribute accordingly.
* Understand cost information and identify opportunities for cost containment and margin improvement.
* Foster a lean culture to drive continuous improvement, cost control and waste reduction in all facets of our operation.
* Identify new business opportunities and services and develop relationships.
* Initiate updates to the Sales Manager on a weekly basis in regards to all aspects of business relating to the customer.
* Ability to interact with packaging engineers understanding all facets of corrugated box making and usage.
* Ability to interact with graphics designers understanding all facets of flexographic printing.
* Support goals, design improvements, cost takeout initiatives, process improvements at selected 3M plant sites.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Package Engineering, Communications or Business
Previous Work Experience
One year experience in corrugated or packaging industry, preferred, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled