Technical Solutions Architect (PreSales), SteelCentral
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
Title: Technical Solutions Architect (PreSales Engineer), SteelCentral
Location: Ohio Valley Region (Pittsburgh, PA; Columbus, OH; Cleveland, OH; Cincinatti, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Detroit, MI) - remote/home office
Riverbed is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for the hybrid enterprise to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed is trusted by the world s best brands for the delivery of superior application performance for their globally connected enterprises. Riverbed s 26,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global100.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
* You will be knowledgeable in all aspects of the Riverbed product sets with a focus on Riverbed s Network & Application Performance products for commercial accounts
* You will maintain current competitive product knowledge and Riverbed ROI
* You will provide intensive pre-sales technical consulting to prospective customers and channel partners, some post-sales may also be required
* You will perform technical qualification of opportunities
* You will participate in conference calls/Adobe connect meetings with customers and partners
* You will give technical presentations and act in an advisory role to customers and partners
* You will assist in the development of formal sales proposals (RFIs, RFPs)
* You will oversee the customer proposal process to ensure the product mix addresses all customer requirements, including relevant customer network designs, and existing and potential issues
* You will support account management with open and direct communication, timeliness, and superior work ethic
* You will investigate new solution areas for product extensions
* You will help mentor, qualify and train Riverbed Channel partners in the assigned territory
* You will design and manage Proof of Concept evaluations while demonstrating ROI and value to the customer
* You will be willing to support all three US time-zones as necessary in the commercial market segment
* You will have a BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent experience
* You will have experience with protocol analyzers and knowledge of router and switch configuration
* You will have a strong knowledge of modern networking technology, including: TCP/IP, routing, switching and application behavior
* Your knowledge of J2EE and .NET will be a plus
* You will have excellent verbal and written communication ability, including technical presentation skills
* You will be able and willing to travel approximately 50% throughout your assigned territory.
The Riverbed Performance Management Group
The Riverbed Performance Management Group is built on our strong heritage and experience in delivering solutions that improve the performance of technology for businesses. This group is made up of network performance management (NPM) and application performance management (APM) products and solutions that diagnose both application and infrastructure issues. Whether the problem is server, application, or network-based; in a virtual, physical or cloud infrastructure; or, using mobile or fixed clients, products from the Riverbed Performance Management group help application and infrastructure teams identify the problem and deliver actionable insight for solving the issue rapidly. When you join this group, you ll have a hand in creating the products and solutions that are critical to global companies. You ll work with top engineers to evolve the SteelCentralTM product lines that help to speed problem resolution so that IT teams across the organizations can move from discovery to analysis to solution as quickly as possible.
Why Riverbed Technology*
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.