Technical Solutions Consultant
Seeking a Technical Solution Consultant anywhere in the country
Travel is 50-90%, averages 75%
Those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. Not able to sponsor at this time. This position can be remote.
Compensation also includes bonuses up to 20%
All candidates must have a degree from a US University
All candidates must have retail experience
The Technical Solution Consultant (TSC) is responsible for data integration between client systems and the Clients system, configuration of requirements identified during the solution design process, defect resolution during the UAT phase and post go live support. It is important that the person in this role has a basic understanding of retail concepts and methodologies, has good problem solving skills and has the ability to work independently without a lot of supervision. This role also requires a strong background in Microsoft SQL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Document correspondence, decisions and other communications with client.
* Defines and documents technical integration and systemarchitecture.
* Lead integration sessions. This will involve explaining the data specification document to guide the client technical team in creating the interfaces used to feed data.
* Supports the Clients Business Consultant to determine the feasibility of custom features/enhancements to ensure they can be accommodated by the system.
* Document any changes necessary to data interfaces based on requirements defined in business design sessions.
* Work with the Business Consultant to translate the business requirements to tasks that will be completed during the configuration phase.
* Aided by the Director/Architect, develops the Technical Solution Design Document.
* Development using SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Management Studio and the Clients front end application to build the data integration and processes required to support the business design.
* Supports user acceptance testing by investigating and resolving defects identified by users.
* Work with the Business consultant to reproduce issues identified during testing, correct the issues and present the fix to the Business consultant for re-testing.
* Provide post go-live support along with the Clients Business consultant.
* Document system setup and lead handover session to the Clients Support team.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND ON THE JOB TRAINING
RETAIL CONCEPTS KNOWLEDGE
* Strive to understand retail concepts to enable effective communication with the Clients Business consultant and client.
* Relate these concepts when translating business requirements for configuration of the Clients system.
* Consulting soft skills and people management
* Behaviors, insights and techniques for effective project management
* Communication strategies and tactics for information sharing, issue management and guidance
* Methods for discussing change and its relationship to scope management
Project Management and advanced organization skills
Software technical knowledge
Learn how to implement each module of the system
Software high-level functional knowledge
Strive to understand if custom requests are reasonable and achievable within the functionality of the system.
* Must have a minimum of 3years Microsoft SQL programming experience
* Data integration experience using Microsoft product development tools
* Experience with database architecture and design
* Strong communication skills - both written and verbal, plus excellent interpersonal skills.
* Proven ability to facilitate data integration sessions with a client and document guide them in creating data interfaces
* Analytical thinker with strong math and problem-solving skills
* Business Software experience - either working for a software company or implementing a major business software package as a consultant or as a client.
* Basic knowledge in some key areas of the retail industry:
* Financial and open-to-buy planning
* Merchandise planning
* Assortment planning
* Replenishment & allocation
* Demand forecasting
* Inventory planning
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Education - minimum Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Project management skills - ability to put together a project plan and manage a project and budget.
* In-depth knowledge of retail concepts
* Training/Teaching experience
Client is an equal opportunity employer.
If qualified and interested in this position, please reply with current resume and salary requirement to JO#6538.