Technical Supervisor Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Las Cruces, NM
JOB DESCRIPTIONTechnical Supervisor/LeadJob ID:
Technical Supervisor/Lead Req ID:
CN20160308-13378 Work Location:
Las Cruces, NMJob Description:
Harris is the Prime Contractor on the Space Communications Network Services Contract (SCNS) supporting NASA. We are seeking a Technical Supervisor/Lead to join our team at White Sands Complex (WSC) in Las Cruces, NM. The successful candidate will join a team that is dedicated to system analysis, software and hardware testing, and the implementation, test and operation of new software and/or hardware in support of the Laser Communications Relay Demonstration (LCRD). This position will provide leadership and project oversight to the Flight Operations Team (FOT) functions at the LCRD Mission Operations Center (LMOC) located at WSC.Responsibilities:* Provide supervision and expertise to a small team of engineers dedicated to performing the LCRD mission functions that will be supported at the LMOC. Support the LCRD payload Mission Integration and Testing (I&T) and LMOC integration element-level testing efforts
* Provide project leadership to the Flight Operations Team (FOT) functions for the LCRD payload Mission Operations during all operational phases to include pre-launch, launch and early orbit, as well as post-launch power-on and testing at WSC
* Maintain project schedules and coordinate with team members to ensure all project requirements are met on-time
* Support LCRD operations development efforts to include participation in working group meetings and major reviews, mission readiness testing, mission simulations and rehearsals, and mission operational readiness exercises in preparation for launch and on-orbit commissioning
* Provide guidance and direction for the development of procedures and documentation, investigation of anomalies, engineering analysis of flight or ground system performance, and the execution of simulations
* Ensure the LMOC team is adequately prepared for pre-launch activities, launch, early-orbit testing, and on-orbit activities
* Interface with personnel from a variety of disciplines to ensure successful integration, test and operation of the LMOC
* Provide services to meet customer requirements covering pre-launch testing, launch, early orbit, and on-orbit operations through end of missionQualifications:* Minimum of 5 years of experience with spacecraft operations from either military or industry, as well as command and telemetry paths
* Previous experience as a supervisor, and/or a history of increasing leadership roles and responsibilities.
* Previous experience managing projects and project schedules
* Experience with spacecraft ground terminal equipment from either military or industry.
* Experience in integration, test and evaluation of hardware/software performance
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with customer and contractor senior management.
* Ability to travel as required (up to 25% anticipated in the first 12 months, with the potential for increased travel during the following 12 months).
* Familiarity with data networks and ancillary hardware/software
* This is primarily a day-shift position. However, the candidate must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays on a rotational basis when required.
* This position requires the candidate to possess an active secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI as a condition of employment. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenshipDesired Experience:* Active TS/SCI security clearance
* Proficient with Microsoft Project
* Familiarity with hardware/software configuration management practices
* Past experience leading a project from design through implementation
* More than 5 years of leadership or management experience within spacecraft operations
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work with multiple tasks, projects, and personnel from a variety of disciplines.
* Familiarity with space operations mission planning and scheduling activities.
* PMP certificationHarris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,nationalorigin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NM - Las Cruces .