Technical Support Analyst 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
The candidate is responsible for performing tasks within the Technology Support and Systems Engineering departments including: providing hardware and software support to business users, performing Technology design, as well as configuration and installations. The candidate is responsible for setting up user accounts, to include configuring active directory groups and permissions. Other tasks consist of Administer Exchange server maintenance, Managing email platform, web servers and various other operational tasks within the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Respond to Service Requests received from users on site and external clients to answer their questions or resolve their PC hardware or software problems.
* Set up user accounts (Windows 2008+ Server) on the server, adding users to groups and setting appropriate permissions and access levels.
* Install and support client/server and desktop applications.
* Administer SMS server, setup collections, packages and queries.
* Provide telephone, on-site, or remote office support on issues that cannot be resolved through remote access.
* Provide quality assurance testing on all computers and hardware issued to on-site users.
* Provide support for Microsoft Exchange Server, and user emails and mailboxes
* Setup laptop computers for remote access.
* Ensure users have access to all network resources.
* Configure systems for access to e-mail either through the MS Outlook Client with offline profile when required for laptop users or Outlook Web Access.
* Support MS Office programs in Windows 8 environments and troubleshoot network connectivity of LANs and WANs at the client level.
* Install, configure and troubleshoot network card adapters, hard drives, laptops, docking stations, PC Cards (PCMCIA), video cards, CD-ROM, motherboards, keyboards, mice, RAM and sound cards.
* Provide user assistance on computer functionality and all standardized office software products as needed.
* Setup and configure new systems with OS, applications, custom settings and printers.
* Provide network and system support to on site clients and external clients.
* Make progress reports to users verbally or via email on outstanding requests when not immediately resolved
* Create and update Help Docs' knowledge base for day-to-day use.
* Send out feedback surveys to users after each service request completed.
* When unable to resolve a Service Request, escalate issues or coordinate hand-offs of request to other technicians or to appropriate technology vendors.
* Troubleshoot and resolve reported printer issues, and reconfigure IP settings on printers, as necessary, to troubleshoot connectivity.
* Contact hardware vendors to resolve device warranty issues and to coordinate replacement of failed parts
* Contactsoftware vendors to resolve application issues when needed.
* Must be self-reliant and able to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to research problems using available resources, such as knowledge bases, manuals, the internet etc.
* Courteous and positive attitude involving users at all levels
* Troubleshooting skills and people-contact relationships are also necessary.
* Project deadlines must be planned and completed within given parameters.
* Customer service is paramount
* Educated in computer related fields
* Relationship building and customer service
* Able to handle/life heavy equipment.
* Ability to predict, recognize and analyze problems
* Computer Applications Expertise
* Microsoft Product Suite
* Timberline or other Accounting Package Experience
* Experience/knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows 8 and later, Windows Server 2008)
* Responsibilities include all phases of Software installation and service.
Three- year college degree in computer science - or - MCSE Certification - or - equivalent experience
At least two years of technical support computer experience - or -
Three (3) years experience working with multiple computer applications in an office environment