Technical Support Analyst Senior
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
11327 Technical Support Analyst Senior (Open)
Platform Optimization and Lean
This position is responsible for discovering and documenting cross-functional company workflows and technologies. Additional responsibilities include scripting, form building, automated metric collections, and workflow improvements. The position will work with teams on Lean, Kanban, and/or SCRUM principles and practices and is also responsible for providing guidance and mentoring team members. The Technical Support Analyst Lead will also participate in projects and take the lead as required.
* Discover and document cross-functional company workflows and technologies
* Build / enhance company scripts, forms, tools, documentation, to improve the flow of work internally and externally to the company
* Build / enhance automated performance, defect, demand, flow, and quality metrics to improve company effectiveness
* Work with teams on Lean, Kanban, and/or SCRUM principles and practices
* Test and deploy new functionality and fixes to internal production applications
* Assist with integration and system testers to successfully test/correct software
* Report design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to appropriate teams
* Coordinate and lead automation and process improvement efforts
* Provides 'customer use of the product' feedback to Software Design Analysts formulating enhancements to product functionality
* Conduct system maintenance and monitoring and ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices
* Participate in projects and take the lead when necessary
* Provide guidance to team members to include training new and existing team members
* Work with various IT departments on product enhancements.
* Develop and maintain department documentation.
* Regular and reliable attendance is required.
* Provide off-hours support as needed.
* Incumbent is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG's core competencies and values.
* Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or equivalent education/experience
* 6+ years working in IT industry or equivalent
* Previous team lead experience strongly preferred
* Expert systems knowledge. Clear understanding of client server architecture, web services (IIS/.Net) and database systems.
* Ability to analyze problems and determine possible solutions
* Solid understanding of the available system utilities and/or logs and the proper use and interpretation of the information to isolate errors, interpret performance indicators, and apply/correlate findings to reported application issues
* Advanced analytical skills to research and correlate information from disparate sources to formulate findings and root cause of reported issues
* Ability to mentor and train team members
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to quickly establish productive relationships with other key technical and business team representative throughout CSG
* Strong working knowledge of open systems technologies and an understanding of the available system/utilities and/or logs and the proper use and interpretation of the information to isolate errors, interpret performance indicators, and apply/correlate findings to reported application issues.
* Skill in Oracle, SQL, IIS, and / or C#
* Skill in Confluence, Jira, and / or Remedy experience
* Skill in Linux, UNIX and/or Windows systems utilities and tools
* Skill in Powershell, .Net, IIS, Windows Scripting a plus
* Skill in Korn shell, Perl, sed/awk a plus
* Working knowledge of networking and network load balancers
* Provide off-hours support as needed
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team environment
* Ability to recognize areas in need of improvement and solve problems related to interconnected software components
* Ability to document / diagram complex systems via Visio or similar tools