Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION11248 Technical Support Engineer (Open Date: 07/20/2016)
SW - Development Support
TSM from CSG International is the worlds most scalable, flexible and powerful convergent mediation and activation system. With over 200 global installations, CSG TSM is one of the most trusted offline and online mediation/activation solutions in the world. TSM captures and processes customer usage events of all kinds from any service delivery network for industry leaders in telecom, finance, logistics, and government. Today, TSM processes well over 40 billion events per day for CSG's top ten clients alone, which include some of the largest telecom companies in the world. The products run on the Linux/Unix environments and the vast majority of the work will be in these environments.
This is a challenging position in a field where each project is unique and every day provides new challenges. We are looking for an eager, quick learning, dedicated, motivated individual that is able to work effectively and efficiently in a small team.
You will be responsible for:
* Interfacing with customers.
* Technical support for the TSM product suite.
* Product software installations.
* Applying service updates and application upgrades.
* Assisting customers in problem identification and resolution where standard procedures have failed.
* Working with development, testing and QA to improve the product.
* Creating, reviewing, and updating technical documentation.
* Creating and updating tools used by the support team.
We are looking for:
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent/related experience in computer science, computer engineering or a technically related field.
* 1-4 years of technical experience in product support and/or technical design.
* 1-4 years of UNIX (Linux, Solaris) experience combined with extensive shell scripting experience (preferably bash).
* Working knowledge of networks, SSH, and remote system access.
* Python experience is a plus.
* System administration and clustering experience is a plus.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - gather and analyze information and use it to duplicate complex problems and help develop effective solutions.
* Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a customer environment.
* Ability to cover standby after hour support for customer emergencies up to 30% of the time.