Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is a company on a mission to change the way e-Commerce is done with a passion for ensuring a great experience for our customers and their customers. With software that is delivered both on premise and as a Cloud hosted/SaaS solution, our client is building and refining a suite of software services with a coordinated charge to take over the world.
More than 600 of the world's leading brands rely on our software to engage with their constantly connected customers resulting in increased revenue, conversion and total customer value. Work in an environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit, innovative ideas and personal growth through the delivery of cutting edge digital and mobile technology.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Technical Support Engineer who is looking to make an impact in our customer support space. As a Software Sr. Technical Support Engineer you perform a key role. You are the face of the company to some of our largest and most strategic customers. Each day you will apply your Technical and Account management expertise to successfully serve customers to solve issues related to their Software applications. In this role, you will also directly or indirectly contribute to revenue goals by helping expand the use of products and offerings within these strategic customer accounts.
You are a customer advocate, who is encouraged and empowered to champion the needs of customers at every level. You are a customer facing virtuoso. You take pride in making sure customers are understood and attended to with the cordial hospitality of a host. But it doesn't end there. Your knowledge and hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server, HTML, CSS, XML, Windows Registry, and tools like PerfMon, Debug Diag, Windbg and Netstat will be key to your success.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Troubleshoot and successfully resolve support requests through phone, chat, email and other channels
* Proactively communicate and accurately set customer expectations, including at Director or above levels
* Thoroughly and accurately document each and every activity within support tickets and related systems
* Reproduce customer issues within Support labs and file quality bug/defect reports
* Constantly look for ways to find improvements within the company and Customer systems to drive ROI/success
* Successfully lead remote online sessions for troubleshooting, applying hot fixes and service packs
* Proactively collect from customers all information necessary for technical teams to solve the issue
* Work effectively with Services, Sales and Development teams to achieve desired customer outcomes
* Manage and participate in ticket hand offs, as necessary
* Troubleshoot and identify root cause of issues on customer and production systems
* Consistently follow operational processes, and assist with continuous improvements efforts
* Continuously improve troubleshooting skills, product expertise, and knowledge on related technical topics
* Contribute to Knowledge Base articles, online Support forums and other knowledge sharing media
* We are a 24/7/365 operation, this position will require shift, weekend or off business hours work, and on-call responsibilities from time to time.
* Ability to travel on-site to customer sites, as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Technology related program and typically 4years' software development or technical support experience, or equivalent work experience in an enterprise support role
* Understand business and revenue impacting situations
* Work across disciplines and departments to solve complex problems
* Troubleshoot complex internet delivery related challenges
* Troubleshoot complex multi-tiered SOA based applications with limited tooling
* Learn new technologies and ramp up very quickly, with minimal or no supervision, coaching
* Prioritize issues
* Expert hands-on knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Relational database technology
* Expert hand-on experience with one or more of the following operating systems (Win 2K3, Win 2K8, Windows Server 2012, Unix, Linux)
* Advanced knowledge of Web Application architecture, design, configuration, and implementation
* Hands-on experience with one of more Web Application Servers such as IIS, Websphere, Tomcat etc.
* In depth expertise analyzing System logs, Event Logs, Crash Dumps, Network Traces etc
* Working knowledge of Web Application development frameworks
* Hands-on experience with HTML, CSS, XML, Windows Registry, tools like PerfMon, Netstat etc.
* In-depth knowledge of how mail servers and clients work
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills
* Experience working with Windows diagnostic tools - Debug Diag, Windbg - and investigating dump and log files
* Practical working experience with one of the following languages: C, C++, Java, or C#
* Hands-on experience with one or more Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Citrix etc
* Practical knowledge of SaaS or Hosted solutions and their architectures
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
* ASP.NET, Web Application development experience, including ability to debug code
* PMP or similar certification