Technical Support Engineer - II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Glen Allen, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPREFER LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!!!
Looking for candidates who have experience with clinical or custom software support!!!!!
FEEDBACK FROM SPONSOR:
We are looking for someone with both general desktop experience and customer software experience. In our experience, the candidates with the general desktop experience just don't have the acumen to take on custom, complex applications, or data issues. We have hired candidates in the past that were not good fits. It was apparent very quickly that they weren't a good fit for the role. So, we are trying to be very selective.
Client Shared Services Technical Support Engineer role will act as a technical subject matter expert for the application: AgileTrac. This role will may also act as technical support, helping to resolve application errors, server errors and to monitor and resolve service ticket requests. This role will also be responsible for running weekly and monthly customer analytics reports using Excel and Tableau applications. For the first 4-6 weeks, this role will be located in the Glen Allen office for training (hours: approximately 8am- 5pm). After that, this role will be located remotely (at home office) and will have the hours of 3pm-11pm, Monday thru Friday.
* *Work with the functional engineering team in EU to grow domain expertise and become USCAN subject matter expert.
* Support USCAN project managers by performing system sweeps on install base and applying patches or plug-ins as needed.
* Act as a level 2 response service engineer as needed to resolve customer issues, including application errors, alerts, etc.
* Proactively monitor customer databases and resolve /communicate issues.
* Bachelordegree in Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Biomedical or Associates degree and 4years of related industry experience
* Demonstrated strong networking skills, including understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP, Routing Concepts
* Knowledge of Windows Server, UNIX and SQL.
* Knowledge of SQLServer and MySQL
* Strong customer interaction skills and customer focus
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to effectively interface with cross-functional teams and customers when needed.
* Experience managing and resolving customer requests through formal service ticket program such as ServiceNow
* Experience with Microsoft applications Excel and Tableau
* Experience in providing remote technical support to external and internal customers