Technical Support Engineer II (16N40028951)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTechnical Support Engineer II
The Technical Support Engineer II is responsible for helping customers and ANSYS channel partners solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. The Technical Support Engineer II position involves working closely with ANSYS customers and internal teams in a consultative and supportive technical role. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount. Position is a key member of a positive, dynamic team of engineers committed to solving complex customer issues.
- Interact with customers to help diagnose issues, as well as research and find solutions to a wide variety of increasingly complex problems, in order to improve customers productivity and satisfaction with ANSYS products
- Personally own the customer support experience, practice active listening skills and respond positively to situations requiring cooperation, courtesy and tact
- Collaborate with product development to improve ANSYS products and the customers experience using these products
- Participation in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, sales enablement and professional growth
- Instruct introductory and/or intermediate training classes on the usage of ANSYS simulation products
- Track and document inbound support requests and ensure proper notation of customer problems or issues
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor s degree in Aerospace/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or other technical discipline with experience in an engineering software environment
- A minimum 3 years of experience in an engineering software environment
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in use of relevant ANSYS software or other commercial software (can be obtained or partially obtained in a university setting)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to implement numerical models to obtain practical engineering solutions to difficult problems
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and to communicate effectively with customers
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Experience is using commercial or in-house CFD software for real world, industry level applications
- Experience in full or partial implementation of simulation physical models and/or solver related algorithm/techniques
- Proficiency in common programming languages (C, C++, python, etc.) for scripting or model development
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident is preferred
- A minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering software environment preferred
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Available for occasional travel (about 20%)
ABOUT ANSYS, INC.
If you ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge, or put on wearable technology, chances are you ve used a product where ANSYS software played a critical role in its creation. ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation. We help the world s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, we help them solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Join our nearly 3000 professionals in more than 75 strategic locations around the world in making a difference in the world of engineering simulation and product development. Visit www.ansys.com for more information.
ANSYS INSPIRE VALUES
STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
PASSION & INTENSITY
RESPECT & TRUST
No Phone Calls