Technical Support Engineer 3 - Plano, TX - 8154
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Palo Alto Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks Technical Support team is a TSIA STAR award-winning group of high-performance professional supporting business-critical customer service environments. When we re not busy winning things, we excel at scaling, optimization, and providing support in a professional manner in this high-growth industry. If you can smoothly diagnose and solve complex technical issues, then this is the team for you.
In this role, you will provide post sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks Customers via phone, e-mail and web. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to internal and external customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating support cases in a call tracking system and documenting customer problems, technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required. Mentor and train new hires and junior engineers to drive continuous improvement and effectiveness of the team across the entire support organization. Work to reproduce customer issues in the lab and qualify escalations. Create work-around for customer problems to minimize service impact. Traveling may be required to customer and Partner sites to assist in fault isolation and root cause analysis. Work with Development, Sales, QA and Marketing to build a positive customer experience. Compliance with all Palo Alto Networks procedures including Escalation, Problem / Bug Reporting, RMA processes is required.
* Provide Technical Support to customers, partners and Palo Alto Networks Tier2 engineers by phone, e-mail and in person.
* Work directly with ETAC and Software Engineering to get customer problems resolved.
* Have thorough understanding of the Software release and bug cycles.
* Able to isolate root cause for product defects and Reproduce customer issues in the lab.
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Regularly participate in technical discussions with cross functional teams.
* Publish Technical Support Bulletins, provide content technical review for Knowledge Base as well as contribute to customer facing forums and other technical documentation.
* Manage technical escalations & own complex cases.
* Able to conduct multi-vendor troubleshooting.
* Develop into Subject matter expert in at least one area.
* Has visibility across the entire organization; leadership is recognized across the organization.
* Provide coaching and mentoring to Tier2 engineers.
* Take part in the 24x7 Follow the Sun on-call shift rotation.
* Long term experience related to the position is required; typically 5-8 years of relevant experience.
* Able to effectively communicate to all levels and stakeholders - internally and externally on complex technical issues.
* In-depth understanding of Networking concepts and experience with multi-vendor networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, traffic generators etc.
* Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet is a plus.
* Expert in Routing and Switching protocols (e.g. OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP).
* Strong experience with Security Protocols (e.g. IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE).
* Experience with Authentication Protocols is a plus.
* Ability to independently debug broad, complex and unique networks with mixed media and protocols is required.
* Industry Certifications a plus.
* Ability to work independently, as well as contributing as a team player.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.