Technical Support Analyst 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Provide prompt, accurate, expert technical advice to sales representatives, customers and service groups regarding the application, operation and maintenance of Applied Terminal Systems (ATS), specific products include: Fan Coils, Water Source Heat Pumps and Unit Ventilators. Promotes the collection, fabrication and retention of technical resources for Applied Terminal Systems support. Encourages exceptional product quality in design, manufacturing, application and service. Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Customer Support & Research -- up to 80% of role
* Working in a technical call center environment answers approximately 20-40 calls per day (volume tied to season) and 20-50 emails per day from Sales Reps, Contractors, and Daikin Applied Service Team on a variety of issues ranging in complexity which include:
* Consults with development engineering regarding product performance and issues
* Assists manufacturing engineering with production and quality product issues
* Writes service bulletins and service procedures
* Collects and evaluates statistical data relating to product and component failures
* Evaluates and provides resolution to field service quality issues
* Becomes quickly informed of new products their needs and applications
* Customer Visits & Training -- up to 10% of role
* Conducts training sessions in a formal classroom or on the job site in the operations and maintenance of ATS products
* Visits job sites, consults, directs and trains service techs, owners and sales reps on product application, maintenance and operation
* Visits job sites to diagnose ATS product issues and develop resolutions to those issues
* Assists training department with training on new product in a formal setting
* Special Projects & Leadership -- up to 10% of role
* Handles special projects relating to Applied Terminal Systems issues and brings them to resolution
* Helps to train and qualify entry level tech response analyst
* Working closely with manager on metrics, service opportunities, and manuals
* High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related disciple preferred
* 1+ years of work experience in Analyst role
* Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
* Exceptional communication skills, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs
* Excellent research and problem solving skills
* Commercial HVAC industry or related industry experience strongly preferred
* Prior experience working on a Technical Service Desk
* Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated example of taking initiative with a solid work ethic
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled