Technical Support Engineer - Threat Specialist - 8265
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
In this role, you will provide post sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers and Partners via phone, e-mail and web. A strong, deep understanding of the dynamic and evolving threat landscape is required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues related to threat mitigation and response. Regularly updating support cases to record progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required. Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify escalations. Traveling may be required to customer sites to assist in fault isolation and root cause analysis. Work with Development, Sales, QA and Marketing to build a positive customer experience.
* Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
* Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
* Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
* Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for threat related issues.
* Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base.
* Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution.
* Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis.
* Technical resource for all threat related products and features of the Palo Alto Networks product line.
* Collaborate with engineering and product management to resolve product defect issues in a timely manner.
* 5+ years of related experience
* Expert level knowledge of the threat landscape, technologies, and techniques; knowledge of malware and exploit behaviors, zero trust network model
* Security role experience, such as handling of malware responses
* Firewall administration
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Wireshark/TCPDump packet capture troubleshooting specifically with HTTP/SSL/SMB
* Linux familiarity
* Windows OS functionality (debugging, how applications make calls, registry editing)
* Technical skills: expert knowledge in TCP/IP, HTTP, PKI & SSL, intrusion detection/prevention
* Technical skills: High level knowledge in regular expressions and evasion/obfuscation techniques, URL filtering
* Virtualization experience (vsphere, virtualbox, hyper-v, etc)
* Nice to have: programming experience, shell/perl/python scripting, understanding of malnets, security clearance
* BS/MS or equivalent experience required
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.