Technical Support Engineer - Troy, MI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor an ambitious, self-motivated technical person with excellent people skills, this position provides an opportunity to join an award winning Customer Care team supporting customers in Global 2000 companies utilizing Micro Focus technologies.
This individual uses their troubleshooting skills to ensure our customers' experience with Micro Focus products is a successful one.
This interesting and varied role will require contact with a wide variety of customers and Micro Focus teams world-wide.
Extensive training will be given in Micro Focus products and in Customer Support best practice. You will also be backed by a world class support team.
Job Tasks / Responsibilities
* Post-sales, office based technical support.
* Retain responsibility for calls that you have taken and proactively manage their resolution.
* Creation of knowledgebase articles.
* Work towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and using this knowledge to provide assistance to your colleagues worldwide.
* Participation (once qualified) in the 24x7 weekend support rota.
* On site customer visits as required by the business.
* Manage customer situations with tact and diplomacy.
* Ability to organise and establish priorities.
* Team player with an ability to work in a flexible manner.
Minimum Personal Requirements
This position requires the following experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable job experience.
* Exceptional problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good working knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX operating systems.
* 1-2 years programming experience with Java, C or some other 3GL.
* Relational databases, such as IBM DB2/UDB, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server.
The following experience will be beneficial:
* Knowledge of IBM mainframe technologies.
* Programming experience with COBOL.
* Object-oriented technology such as COM/DCOM/CORBA.
* Computer networking systems.
* Any previous knowledge of Micro Focus products.
* Knowledge of multi-tier architecture.
* Knowledge of Agile software development.
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.