Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company* Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to support a major program at a federal agency.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
* Open, track, resolve, and close incident response and/or service requests, ensuring problem ownership, promoting end user satisfaction, and documenting all work.
* Troubleshoot and determine problem resolution for customer-specific operating systems and applications. (Finding problem source is desirable, but restoring customer to operational status is primary goal.) Define and classify level, priority, and nature of each problem, request, and/or issue.
* May lead small teams of technical staff in response to special projects.
* Perform systems administrative and operational duties on computer systems.
* Maintain files as required by the vendor of custom design application.
* Analyze, evaluate, and test software and hardware problems.
* Perform installation, planning, and security of computer facilities.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining systems configuration.
* Prepare activity and progress reports regarding support activities.
* Respond, investigate, and correct problems.
* Act as technical resource for all users.
* Contribute to finding improvements in the hardware, software, or infrastructure-related services.
* Work toward agreed-upon SLAs in order to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
* Organize appropriate training and utilize commercial and government off-the-shelf products (COTS and GOTS).
* Install, troubleshoot, support, and configure microcomputer hardware and software systems to include servers.
* Perform these functions for peripheral devices such as modems, scanners, printers, and fax devices.
* Provide troubleshooting diagnosis and repair for microcomputer devices.
* Install hardware and software application on myriad of computer devices.
* Strong customer service and strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to listen and understand what is being described.
* Working knowledge of Remedy ticket system; creating, updating, and closing tickets.
* Previous experience providing Tiers 1 and 2 technical support, both hardware- and software-related.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be a team player.
Education and Years of Experience
* An IT-based (or similar) Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience.
* Must be a U.S. citizen and clearable; Secret clearance (or higher) a plus.
* One or more industry-standard certifications: A+, Security+, Network+, etc.
* Windows 7 certification preferred, but the following certifications are acceptable: ITIL V3 Foundations, CompTIA, Security+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+.
* Experience with computer terms and customer service operations.
* Three to five years of related experience.
* Ability to lift and move 30 lbs. of equipment.
* Ability to lift and move computers/monitors.
* Top Secret
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence. For 30 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the federal government. We provide software engineering, agile business intelligence and analytics, audiovisual and learning technologies, cybersecurity, systems engineering, independent verification and validation, IT service management, program management, and transportation solutions. Pragmatics has diverse contracts with both defense and civilian agencies. We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.