Technical Support / Field Service Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMy client is seeking a Technical Support/Field Service Engineer at its headquarters in Webster, TX. This ager role involves both inside and outside technical sales support and service for my client's customers.
* Focal point for customers and distributors related to pre- and post-sale technical support issues
* Field phone calls and emails from customers and distributors related to my client's products
* Maintain knowledge base for my client's product technical issues
* Maintain ownership of all customer service requests
* Visit customer sites to perform field service engineering support.
* Field service activities may include:
* Product or application troubleshooting
* System installation supervision
* Integrated FAT (w/ DCS) participation
* FAT participation
* System start-up and commissioning
* Assist customers apply my client's products for their TMC needs
* Pass industry safety and competency certifications to access customer plant sites
* Responsibility for products and tools in their tech support lab
* Support product development with product testing and verification in their lab as required
* Work with product development to review and update their technical manuals.
* Ownership of their training program, including future development of new courses
* Provide training to their clients and distributors as required
* 5-10 years' experience engineering or technical support in turbomachinery control or other automation control systems.
* Knowledge of basic operations for rotating equipment, such as steam turbines and compressors.
* Proficiency with various PLC IEC1131 based programming software