Technical Support Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Technical Support Manager to work in our Memphis, TN (Zip Code 38120) office.
ECS is seeking a Technical Support Manager who manages and leads a cross-functional technical support group whose primary areas of responsibility are Windows server, desktop, laptop, and printer support; telecommunications (network + PBX) support; audio/visual support; CD/DVD fulfillment; and customer application support. Additional responsibilities include other support-related activities such as budget, vendor relationships, license management, and inventory. The ideal candidate will have experience in management, technical support, system administration, and also have strong organization and communication skills.
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field; or equivalent experience.
* Seven (7) years of experience supporting computer operations.
* Experience managing technical support staff in a customer service environment.
* Hands-on computer hardware and software administration and troubleshooting skills.
* Working knowledge of telecommunications and networking technologies and concepts.
* Experience managing computer hardware and software inventory and licenses.
* Experience maintaining vendor relationships for computer hardware and software purchases, equipment maintenance, telecommunications services, etc.
* Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
* Knowledge of government policies, procedures, and tools related to software development and support for the customer e.g. TSLC, SOX, ADMS, Subversion, etc.
* Experience with USPS project, technology, purchasing, and inventory management systems e.g. EIR, ITK, AIMS, ACRS, etc.
* Experience scheduling and communicating large department impact activities (outages, upgrades, etc.)
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.