Technical Support 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION: SERVICE SUPPORT LEVEL 2
* Supports technologies including computer hardware and software, computer assisted information retrieval, data communication networks, local area networks and technology interfaces.
* Determines if equipment is covered by warranty or maintenance contract and processes accordingly.
* Remove and replace defective hardware components.
* Performs all upgrade of hardware to include memory, fixed storage, and installation of network interface cards (NIC).
* Troubleshoots and corrects complex software problems to include resolving conflicts between applications, hardware and/or device conflicts, and operating system faults.
* Keeps customers informed on request status and progress.
* Performs trend analysis on common and recurring issues.
* Ensures the integrity and availability of all DRMI computer and mobile computing systems by patching and updating DRMI network connected systems.
* Monitors, maintains and services DRMI LAN and ensures access to LAN by DRMI faculty and staff.
* Update and maintain Operating System and application software at least monthly and whenever critical security updates are available.
* Attend periodic meetings in ITACS. This includes the quarterly one hour ITACS All Hands meeting, the quarterly one hour Lab Managers' meeting, and the weekly two hour ITACS Technology Assistance Center meeting.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Comprehensive knowledge of various computer operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, etc.), techniques, requirements and methods, including systems management software concepts and functions in order to install, maintain, and repair computer hardware and software.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Awarded a technical degree in Information Systems or Computer Science from an accredited college or university,
* "CompTIA Security+"-certified or other acceptable cyber security workforce certifications Required
CLEARANCE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Eligible for a DoD Common Access Card.