Technical Support / Operations Specialist - Contract
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
NTT Data Inc
Our banking client has an immediate need for a Technical Support / Operations Specialist for ongoing contract work. This role will require off hours support and late hours from time to time. Need people with a \\"can-do attitude.* Will be responsible for liaising with offshore team members and coordinating with other areas of the bank * great communication skills are a must!
Coordinator for support requirements,
Manage Remedy Stock and Inflow.
Attend user and business meetings to understand issues and propose plans to fix them.
Propose quality enhancements to improve the current systems.
Coordinate technical team to get the results expected
Main Responsibilities Include:
* Coordinate under the Prod Support Team the incident control applications related to the software developed.
* Portals / Channels Applications * part of the groups System: is a multichannel architecture solution that affects different fronts:
- Branches (Servicing, Finesse), Mobility (Retail), Back Office, Contact Center Channel, (CC Servicing and CIC Portal), Multichannel (ISC, IOC, Audit Log), Internet Channel (Internet SME, IRIS, BOB, Billpay, Webpay, Internet Retail)
* IT Career or similar
*Patching of Portals / Channels software applications
* Scheduled and ad-hoc reboot of Portals / Channels servers and services - proactively
* Co-ordinate with Implementation areas on any patching and outage activities on the server
* Work with infrastructure support team and Portals / Channels implementation team during disaster recovery testing
* Work with Portals / Channels implementation team on month end activities and planned enhancements to provide support
* Work with vendor technical support on technical issues and defects, if applies.
* Drives issues resolution calls with all the appropriate vendors
* Archival and purging of Portals / Channels system files such as logs, audit data etc.
* Perform scheduled and ad-hoc Portals / Channels application level backups
* Review server performance metrics, analyze Portals / Channels logs and ongoing tuning of system.
* Good functional knowledge on banking operations and, specifically, on Portals / Channels Applications.
* Good understanding of technical tools and programming languages such as: JAVA, UNIX, LINUX, Oracle (you don't need all of them)
* Ability to handle priorities, good written and oral communication skills, organized, planning capabilities.
* Must have Can Do attitude and ability to improvise when facing unexpected situations.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment with peers, experts and senior management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Be able to follow Flexible schedule in terms of the service priorities.
* Native/Fluent English - Mandatory
* Spanish desirable
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.