Technical Support Productive Engg
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Westlake Village, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
What are the 3 most highly valued skills for this role Unix, XML, troubleshooting skills
Who is NOT the right fit for this role (ex: desktop support, etc) Desktop support hardware support. I need a Jr. developer that has supported clients directly.
1) Technical escalation for Technical Support Engineer.
Ownership of assigned critical production events and providing technical analysis and insight into the current condition and recommended solution. Participating in the subsequent analysis to determine the source of the issue and a recommended plan to avoid it in the future. Analysis of key customer service and implementation issues and subsequent recommendations for modifications to the application, DPV interfaces, or internal procedures that will improve the production environment.
2) Documentation of Technical Support standards and technical procedures in reference to troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution of issues.
3) Ongoing education of Technical Support Engineers in reference to diagnostic efficiency and accuracy, technical skills improvement, effective troubleshooting, and problem resolution
4) Participation in the planning and coordination of new product deployment, and enhancement projects, in order to ensure that Technical Support is prepared to service the product.
5) Participation in the beta process for new products and product enhancements in. order to exercise appropriate Technical Support servicing procedures for accuracy before final release.
6) Review/Approve TS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
7) Create needed scripts for data gather and analysis for production issues.
8) Perform necessary Pivotal queue management, assigning incidents to other team members.
9) TPV Certifications. Supporting of TPV and DPV changes - complete certification of new or modified interfaces, products, and set ups. Direct technical contact for TPVs. Reviews completed workbooks for new installs or modified TPV interfaces from Product
10) Performs process control on certification requirements - DPV Conversions.
11) Setting up of test environments and moving current clients to new Host Systems.
12) Slave Upgrades - Supports new and existing DPV upgrades and releases.
13) Beta Process - Participation in the beta process for new products and product enhancements in order to exercise appropriate Production Support servicing procedures for accuracy before final release.
14) Support -
a. Provides direct support to Implementations, Customer Service, Product Management, QA
b. Provides technical documentation including app install procedures and technical training
c. Participation in the planning and coordination of new product deployment, and enhancement projects, in order to ensure that Production Support is prepared to service the product.
d. Documentation of Production Support plans and procedures in reference to diagnosis and resolution of issues, communications, and standards.
e. Devising a work plan to address the issue, communicating status to the organization, and driving the subsequent analysis to determine the source of the issue and a recommended plan to avoid it in the future. Taking ownership of assigned critical production events, and facilitating a solution with appropriate departments and individuals.
Along with your outstanding drive for accomplishment, the successful incumbent will bring with them:
1) Must have some related software engineering/application troubleshooting experience in application development and information systems, editing and inserting. Financial institution and data process vendor interface knowledge is required.
2) Experience with C++, UNIX, CGI development,, SQL Informix, DHTML, HTML, and Java Script is a requirement.
3) Must possess highly technical understanding of software development and associated processes.
4) Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong customer orientation and good organizational skills. Individual must be process orientated, self-motivated and somewhat creative.
Digital Insight offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a professional work environment and opportunities for professional growth.