Technical Support Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPTC Company Description
PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) has the most robust Internet of Things technology in the world. In 1986 we revolutionized digital 3D design. Now our leading IoT and AR platform and field-proven solutions bring together the physical and digital worlds to reinvent the way companies create, operate, and service products. With PTC technology, global manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the IoT today and drive the future of innovation.
Technical Support Program Manager
Job Description for Advertising Purposes
The TS Program Manager is responsible for managing programs encompassing a number of projects and/or activities delivering tangible/intangible outcomes that support the Technical Support department strategy. The TS Program Manager is responsible for structuring the program, controlling the program scope, monitoring benefits/value, managing the program stakeholders, managing all aspects of the program s communication and ensuring objectives support the overall Technical Support strategy. Additionally, the TS Program Manager is responsible for managing the interdependencies between projects included in the program, as well as working with other TS Program Managers to coordinate dependencies between their program(s).
Candidate must be able to lead collaborative efforts to accomplish strategic objectives by managing multiple activities and priorities within a program structure. The TS Program Manager responsibilities require a strong communicator who is comfortable interacting with and can influence stakeholders at various levels throughout PTC. The ability to grasp new concepts and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment is integral to success in this role. The TS Program Manager will be expected to manage 1-2 programs at a given time, comprised of resources across multiple PTC Organizations, and therefore crucial that the candidate possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Works with the Upper Management to frame and launch new programs based on strategic needs.
* Manages cross-functional programs that may include collaboration with multiple organizations, such as Technical Support, R&D, Marketing, Sales, Professional Services, IT, etc.
* Manages programs that may consist of a number of projects and processes of various levels and with different types of deliverables
* Manages programs by adhering to ISO processes and the best practices outlined by the Project Management Office (PMO), including templates, workflows, and use of tooling.
* Controls the scope of the program and ensures that objectives remain consistent with the Technical Support strategy.
* Coordinates activities and resources across multiple programs and supporting projects.
* Defines and communicates the different roles and responsibilities within the program at the start of a program.
* Communicates program status, changes and risks to identified key stakeholders and upper TS management.
* Identifies, manages and documents risks associated with the program and communicates them to the program team, escalating to upper management when necessary
* Provides guidance on program management processes, best practices and methodologies within the program and project teams.
* Creates, manages and updates program execution roadmaps
* Creates, manages and updates value roadmaps throughout program lifecycle to regularly measure the benefits gained by the program.
* Collaborates with other PMO team members on best practices and continuous improvement for the PMO.
* Bachelor s Degree and 7-12 years of professional experience; Master s preferred
* Action oriented and committed to driving quality results
* Able to effectively deal with, and manage, ambiguity
* Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to lead and influence others at all levels, including peers through senior management
* Excellent presentation skills
* Able to effectively apply program and project management principles
* Passionate about promoting process improvement
* Knowledge/experience of basic Project Management (PMBOK) methodology
* Knowledge/experience of basic Agile and Scrum framework
* Experienced use of Salesforce Service Cloud
* Experience with customer success, sales, or other customer-facing departments operations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Req Number
Why Join Us and Benefits Summary
PTC is a great place to work. Our culture is one of excellence, innovation, empowerment, and caring about our customers, communities, and employees. We have built an action oriented culture of integrity and trust, creating a sense of team spirit at both the departmental and company-wide level. At PTC, we have great employees and know that they are critical to the company s success.
The Core Values we live by to achieve our success are:
* Customer Success
* Innovation & Empowerment
* Integrity & Professionalism
* Social Responsibility through Shared Value
We are looking to add strong candidates that uphold the PTC Core Values and are eager to grow and develop their careers with us. If you share these values and enjoy a work environment that is fast paced, hands on, and results oriented, then PTC is the place for you.
PTC benefits are among the most competitive in the industry. While your salary is the major component of your compensation, you also receive a competitive benefits package including:
* Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
* Healthcare and Dental insurance
* Paid Time Off and Sick Time
* Birthday Day-off
* Tuition Reimbursement (Canada, India, Israel, US)
* Holiday Pay
* Employee Referral Program
* Management and Employee Training Development
* Other Regional-specific Benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.